Help! Which colour range?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smcconnell1989

Reaction score
Hi,

I am looking for advice from hairdressers. I myself am a beauty therapist and have a salon and am going to employ a hairdresser but need to buy everything for them.

I think I have a rough idea of what equipment they'll need but havn't got a clue when it comes to a colour range.. What would be a good range? I want a decent range, and how much are you looking at paying? And does the hairdresser have to go on specific training for which ever range or is it all covered at college?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi, I've used Wella for years. Koleston Perfect permanent range and colour Touch for Semi Permanent. No idea about prices as I'm mobile, but when I was in a salon and a new range got brought in the Wella rep would go through it all with the stylists, so no need to go on any courses. They are very helpful and come in every so often to talk about new ranges and you can have training days where they show you new techniques etc.

IMO it's Wella or L'oreal for colours, no others compare. HTH :)

most use wella... most on here will tell you that!!
i love them and loreal for the reds range,
wella do courses ans most sally's have colour days were they use wella
xxx

nxt is really good and reasonably priced i get them from capital.
we use nxt for permanent and wella for semi.

ive had stylist who havent used nxt and were able to use it so i assume they dont need to be trained in that specific colour range.. i may be wrong but its never been a problem and ive had 3 stylist now who have never used it and were fine with it..

Hey,

Have you thought about taking on a self employed hairdresser on a percentage system? that way the stylist will bring exactly what they like to use, and you save a lot of worry over something your not to up on?

In the mean time you can learn what it would take by watching them and in the future be confident in employing someone instead?

:)

Hey,

Have you thought about taking on a self employed hairdresser on a percentage system? that way the stylist will bring exactly what they like to use, and you save a lot of worry over something your not to up on?

In the mean time you can learn what it would take by watching them and in the future be confident in employing someone instead?

:)

Hi,
Thank your reply. I actually have a stylist renting from me at the min, but she is a nightmare, had complaints from clients and everywhere i look she is damaging my salon, it's so arkward because i'm not her boss i can't as such tell her what to do. Hence i have decided to employ someone to save me the stress :)

xx

wise move. Renters are not always the bed of roses they are made out to be. Mind you, employees can be just as bad!
Majirel, by L'oreal is usually the hairdressers favourite.

Latest posts

Back