Help with accounts

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JulieJ

Reaction score
I have worked for 26yrs employed in dental nursing and now have my own mobile beauty business. Tax, accounts etc had never been something that I've had to deal with. I have an accountant coming to see me on Monday morning for a free 30min chat with regards to my needs and she will then let me know what she charges to help me with my requirements.
I have receipts for everything I've purchased and training courses attended (some if this before I was declared self employed) and receipts for all treatments carried out (much smaller amount than spent!) She can see my appointment book too, where all takings are listed. Is there anything else she will want to see, please?

I have worked for 26yrs employed in dental nursing and now have my own mobile beauty business. Tax, accounts etc had never been something that I've had to deal with. I have an accountant coming to see me on Monday morning for a free 30min chat with regards to my needs and she will then let me know what she charges to help me with my requirements.
I have receipts for everything I've purchased and training courses attended (some if this before I was declared self employed) and receipts for all treatments carried out (much smaller amount than spent!) She can see my appointment book too, where all takings are listed. Is there anything else she will want to see, please?

You will also need fuel receipts, any invoices for repair work done to your car, phone bill, if you have taken a wage you will need something to show this too. I'm not an accountant or financial advisor but it may also be worth asking if you can claim for using your home as an office (can contribute to electricity, internet etcetera) and washing your uniform. Congratulations on your own business and good luck :) x

Think most of it is covered but also P60 from employment x

Well, that went well. An extremely helpful lady gave me lots of information regarding stock, expenses, work completed at home etc... I'm very pleased to put all my paper work into her hands and let her do my returns. Now I can focus on child no.1 doing GCSE's and child no.2 potty training!

Great! A lot of people are reluctant to pay an accountant but a good one will save you more money than cost you.

Latest posts

Back