Help with acrylics/client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brervixen

Reaction score
Hi geeks, I have a client who has regular acrylics on, I use CND Retention+ on her nails and she wears them long (too long imho but there is no persuading her to have them shorter)

Anyway, she is due for an infill tomorrow, and has, in the span of 2 weeks broken 8 nails off, 3 of which I have replaced, 1 of which she has said has took her own nail with it...

I'm at a loss to think as to what is she doing to cause them to come off. I make sure her nails are well pep'd for the service and I make sure the acrylics are well balanced filed etc.

I've tried to turn her onto shellac only, but they just didn't work on her nails as they're so damaged from years of wearing acrylics.

I'm starting to lose confidence in my acrylics, and feel awful when they come off as I feel that it's my fault (I know, I can't take resposibility for her nails when they leave my care!)

Help please geeks!!! :cry:

I have a client who this happens with too - she normally only pops off around 2/3 after about a week or so but she has very short bitten nails and also has them a lot longer than I recommend so id be happy for any advice too please :) x

I would probably say that they are too long

Sorry, didn't finish it that before sending!!

They are likely too long which is why they are not lasting on her!! Do you use tips?

They a defo too long!! Yeah I use tips, never been taught how to sculpt!

Well, I did her today, and have done them a bit shorter, and have built up a bit more over the apex. Time will tell...

No messages of broken nails yet...

Have you thought about having some 121? I always thought my acrylics were ok but was having a few issues so I did 121 with CNd educator justine crick and she showed me a few small changes that have made the work do difference for me. It's not just about prep which is key it's about placement of beads, pressing of beads and mix ratio.
It's very difficult until you see someone doing nails to identify which of these is the problem for them, even the way you hold your brush can make a difference xx

Latest posts

Back