Help with adhesive

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elsie535

Reaction score
Hi, I'm newly qualified and done a few nail extensions on my family for practice, I did my course at sally salon services so I had to buy their glue tips etc, I have had no problems with their hard gels but have found that their glue doesn't seem to work so well and their nail tips can be rather thin, I brought some ROYAL nail tips before I did the course and got some free glue I was wondering if anyone could give me some advise, the ROYAL tips seem to last longer and look stronger as well!
Thanks in advance

I feel blonde, what advice were you after exactly? :)

Your not blonde at all, I've just read this and realised I've whaffled on and not really got to the point!!
I'd like to know what people throughout of the salon services glue and or if they could recommend a good glue to use? So sorry

I find there glue fine. I don't always use it because I use several wholesale places cause they all stock different stuff.
When I did my training years ago we were taught that the glue and the actual tip are purely to provide a platform for creating length and not for adding strength so it shouldn't matter how thin the tip is and as long as ur tips are glued on properly with no bubble ps the glue shouldn't affect the strength of ur enhancement either. Mind you I trained a long time ago they may teach you different now days ?
Xxx

I find there glue fine. I don't always use it because I use several wholesale places cause they all stock different stuff.
When I did my training years ago we were taught that the glue and the actual tip are purely to provide a platform for creating length and not for adding strength so it shouldn't matter how thin the tip is and as long as ur tips are glued on properly with no bubble ps the glue shouldn't affect the strength of ur enhancement either. Mind you I trained a long time ago they may teach you different now days ?
Xxx

Thank you so much, to be honest my training was abit miss match so you prob right. I just had a feeling that the nail so really be abit stronger but like you said if it's just a platform then yes it prob doesn't matter. The only reason I ask is because a few girls on my course it was coming out like water and not gluing and it's started to happen with me, doesn't matter when or how little/much I use it just won't stick, the glue is only a month old. Hense the questions regarding the glue but thank you

I did my Cert II last year and was trained with very much the same theory as inky81 re the tip and glue have no effect on enhancement strength, I use LISH blue ATM but if I'm in a pickle I'm not fussy lol :D
We were taught that if you're desperate you can even use surgicle/suture (spelling?) glue, it just needs to hold long enough to put the acrylic over :o and of course be strong enough to not give when you clip to length haha
I've had glue that was a bit questionable, but the tips stayed on for cutting and blending long enough to get the acrylic over, it was actually mainly the getting it stick to begin with that took the extra "oomph" :| but it worked, and the enhancements lasted as per normal so clearly the frustration was only on my behalf lol!!

You gan buy gel bonds which are really good and easier to use especially when ur starting out. They pretty much get rid of the risk of air bubbling under ur tip as well which is good when ur mastering ur technique. I always use brush on adhesive, never the squeeze bottles. They are sooooo much better
Xxx

Thank you, I have a brush on adhesive and found that a lot better to use, I've practice a lot more with the brush on and seem to be getting a lot better, thank you again for everyone help, I think it may have been me worrying and trying to find what was wrong but I think it comes down to each person find different things best to use and the brush is differently for me 😍 xx

Latest posts

Back