Help with airbrush please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fab Freak

Reaction score
I need help with my Compressor /Air brush

I have cleaned the gun thoroughly but when I try and spray tan I only get air comeing through and not fluid. Now logic says to me that if there is air then there should be liquid, unless there is a blockage.

So I have cleaned it again but still no liquid coming through – am I missing something here!

So is there anything my fellow geeks can suggest I try?

Thanks in advance

Try cleaning your actual colour cup (if it uses one). Mine often get blocked down the narrow passage that connects to your airbrush.

definately sounds like a blockage. What type of airbrush is it?

Have you actually dismantled the airbrush when cleaning? Sometimes you need to soak the parts and the body where the cup joins to get any blockage cleared, as this definintely sounds like a blockage of some kind.

Marilyn said:
Have you actually dismantled the airbrush when cleaning? Sometimes you need to soak the parts and the body where the cup joins to get any blockage cleared, as this definintely sounds like a blockage of some kind.

Hi Marilyn yes hub thats the only way I ever clean my airbrush i've got dinky little bottle brushes to help

Kimberley0699 said:
Try cleaning your actual colour cup (if it uses one). Mine often get blocked down the narrow passage that connects to your airbrush.

Oh I will have a look at my colour cup thanks - but thinking on it still wont pull water from my cleaning cup which only ever has water in it so I would have thought just water would cause a blockage :( its all very puzzling!

Hmm, doesnt sound like the colour cups then. You can check them quickly by blowing air or water through the end.
Do you think that you have somehow not put it back together quite right? I had massive problems when I took mine apart a little too far once!
If your only getting air then your block must be on the part that the colour cup joins onto surely?

Weird! - good luck! Failing that try http://www.airbrushes.com/ who also fix airbrushes (where I had to send mine).

Fab Freak said:
I need help with my Compressor /Air brush

I have cleaned the gun thoroughly but when I try and spray tan I only get air comeing through and not fluid. Now logic says to me that if there is air then there should be liquid, unless there is a blockage.

So I have cleaned it again but still no liquid coming through – am I missing something here!

So is there anything my fellow geeks can suggest I try?

Thanks in advance

Can you tell us what airbrush you are using for your tanning? Is it an XL2000 or a Focus?

Mandy x

hi, it could be that paid has seeped backwards into your piston. I had this problem. What you need to do is take the airbrush apart as far as it can go - including the little section under the piston and soak everything in your cleaner. this can be a long process, but i am sure it will help.

Latest posts

Back