Help with dip dye

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cherylj45

Reaction score
Hi. My friend wants her Long hair dip dyed but she wants the top dark....a level 6 then the ends light. It's a level 6 now but quite warm. I use matrix and want to know the best method/ product to use. Any advice is much appreciated.

Hi. My friend wants her Long hair dip dyed but she wants the top dark....a level 6 then the ends light. It's a level 6 now but quite warm. I use matrix and want to know the best method/ product to use. Any advice is much appreciated.

Just use another level 6 with ash then lighten the ends with lightener using the back combing technique then tone the ends?
I'd say that's pretty basic hairdressing right there!
Sorry dont mean to sound rude! X

Just use another level 6 with ash then lighten the ends with lightener using the back combing technique then tone the ends?
I'd say that's pretty basic hairdressing right there!
Sorry dont mean to sound rude! X

Well you did sound rude. No need ror last little bit it sounds snarky.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Well you did sound rude. No need ror last little bit it sounds snarky.

True!
Maybe I shouldn't of answered until I checked her profile!
Felt like i gave advise then halfway through thought you might not of been a hairdresser!
Soz to the op didn't mean to sound snarky that's not like me x

Well normally people are really helpful and not rude!!

Thanks for the advice and you've confirmed what I already knew....just sometimes it's nice to be reassured!!!

I just wasn't sure about doing both at the same time??

You can do both at the same time - apply the colour to the roots and comb the darker colour slighly further down than you want the effect to start without over-saturating the hair.

Then when you paint the lightener though the ends you can feather the lightener over where the dark colour stops.

Thank you very much for your advice x

Well normally people are really helpful and not rude!!

Thanks for the advice and you've confirmed what I already knew....just sometimes it's nice to be reassured!!!

I just wasn't sure about doing both at the same time??

Yes you can do both at the same time just wasn't sure how experienced you was with ombré/dip dye you can just feather the colours in together sorry again if I sounded rude x

Latest posts

Back