Help with eyelash tinting please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChaChasBeauty

Reaction score
Hiya salon geek. Just to say this website is amazing.
I am a beautician who is qualified and I am own a beauty room. I just want some help in eyelash tinting please. I have just done an eyelash tint and my client had stinging in one of her eyes and when she said that I immediately starting taking it off. It hadnt been on for the full amount of time. Probably abt 7min. But I kinda panicked. So I got some water with cotton pads to tke it off. But as I was doing it it was getting worse. Eventually I got it off and the stingings stopped. It has knock my confidence a bit. My client was ok with it. But I dont want it to hapen again. What method do you use when eyelash tinting? Please help. Thank u all in advance for your replies

The stinging is due to some tint getting into the eye either due to the application of tint or more commonly the client moving/opening her eyelids.

I place damp half moon shape cotton wool pads over the tint once applied to 'fix' their lids firmly closed. The wet also helps the tint to 'flow' around the lash.
Give firm instructions to your client about keeping their eyes closed until tint removed!

If you are being too generous in the amount of tint used then this can get in the eye - but if this was the case then it would happen with all your tint clients.

I have one client who just cannot stop flapping her lids and she talks nonstop too. For this lady I actually physically hold the pads on her eyes for the duration! [emoji12]

Hiya. CFBS Thank u very much for your advice. Yes my client did keep opening her eyes and then closing them really tight. I will definitely try the damp cotton pads. As on friday as I have another eyelash tint booked. Thanks again :)

This is almost unavoidable if you are getting the tint right up to the root, where it should be!:p
Just be sure you rinse the eye thoroughly before the client leaves.
I would 'dry wipe' the excess off first, then go in with damp cotton wool, and finally with a damp cotton bud at the root area.
I have seen a bad result when tint has been left in the eye.:eek::oops:

Also, make sure that you are not mixing the tint to be too runny.

Don't be afraid to advise the client not to talk while the tint is on. Just say something like when you talk your eyes do actually move and we want to do everything we can to keep the tint from going in your eyes.

My personal belief is that it is not worth going right up to the routes of the lashes when tinting. You can get pretty darn close without increasing the risk so why increase the risk.

It is absolutely possible to do a lash tint without the client experiencing discomfort. You've just got to be firm in how you do it and talk them through it.

I also cover the eye with a damp cotton pad after application but I thought that was the norm. It encourages your client to keep their eyes closed.

If she was opening and then tightly shutting her eyes maybe she was nervous. I hate when clients scrunch their eyes because they will probably get tint in them lol.

I say, close your eyes and keep them closed from now until I ask you to open them.

You could try to relax her, now you get ten minutes to relax with your eyes closed. What a treat!

I remove the majority with a damp pad, wipe with a dry and a damp pad. I also get the client to have a good swipe at the end to be sure.

If they are stinging, damp pads and rinsing the eye will help. I would also raise them up a bit and get them to keep blinking as it makes the eye water to wash it away x

Hiya friends, thank you very much for your advice. I will much sure my tint isn't too runny. Which I am thinking it could be too. And speaking to the client about being relaxed and not to open their eyes. It is a good thing to remember too when speaking to my clients. Thank you red star, flawless beauty and Laura Kate. Really appreciate all the advice. Fingers cross for Friday

I'm sure it will go great. I think sometimes we forget that clients might not know something we think is obvious lol x

Latest posts

Back