Help with Gelish roses!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JennyL

Reaction score
I hope someone can help, try as I might I can't seem to do Gelish roses / flowers. Can anyone help or point me to some instructions please :) Thanks xx

I hope someone can help, try as I might I can't seem to do Gelish roses / flowers. Can anyone help or point me to some instructions please :) Thanks xx

Jojo has given some good instructions on how to do roses in the thread "what nails are your sporting today". I have done mine the way she does them and they come out very nice.

Use a darker color to make a somewhat large dot on the nail, cure.

Take a lighter color and with a dotting tool swirl the lighter color over top the darker color until you get a nice swirly rose appearance. I just keep swirling until i'm satisfied.

Cure.

Then, use a green color (I use seafoam..tried the holiday green but it was too sparkly) to make leaves.

I do it all with different sized dotting tools!

I use shellac but don't cure between dark and light to get a better swirly look IYKWIM x

Thanks for your reply, I will try again tomo with this technique. I will post my outcome! :) xx

this is one of my vids to show you :
marble rose nail art - YouTube

and these wear using gelish and a dotting tool
picture.php

I use shellac but don't cure between dark and light to get a better swirly look IYKWIM x

I find that the colors just blend into a lighter color when doing it this way. But if you've had success that way then that great.

To the op-try both and see what works! Good luck.

Very pretty . I find if I use gelish white it doesn't seem to stay white after couple of days :(

Very pretty . I find if I use gelish white it doesn't seem to stay white after couple of days :(

Which white are you using? I've never had that problem with Sheek White.

My roses, tried all ways and found curing then adding pink/white swirling was the best technique for me. I am sooo pleased. Thanks for all your responses!xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1360144425.211795.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1360144425.211795.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 192
My roses, tried all ways and found curing then adding pink/white swirling was the best technique for me. I am sooo pleased. Thanks for all your responses!xx

Lovely ;-) xx
Love the colours too x

Just done a few more :) thanks again xxx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1360160745.786332.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1360160745.786332.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 211
I find that the colors just blend into a lighter color when doing it this way. But if you've had success that way then that great.

ahhh iv only tried with shellac so might be different with gelish? i just swirled a little and seemed okay. Must try with curing in between! xx

Latest posts

Back