Help with Getting rid of yellow stains from....SMOKING

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a.denning

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I was wondering if any Geeks out there, know how do i get rid of those nasty yellow stains on my clients fingers that are caused from smoking?

CND cuticle remover is brilliant for this, stained nail plates come up clean as a whistle.. also works with Hair dye (I have hairdresser clients) Furniture stain and oil stains (furniture making husband with constantly stained finger nails and skin) Inks, ciggy stains (eww) etc.. brilliant stuff.

I'm a smoker, and i have never had this problem.. My nails dont go yellow.. the only thing i get is sometimes when i put my smoke out i set my enhancement on fire.. (ok it happened once and i was drunk)

4 out of 5 of my girls are smokers.. and they dont come back yellow either (maybe im just lucky).. is this on nn or enhancements your talking?

Most good quality cuticle removers have a stain remover in them but the creative one im using now is the best ive had..

just wondering do you let your clients smoke while your giving the treatment?

I was referring to natural nails.. on the stain removal thing... not sure what denning was meaning now lol... I do find if my smoker girls (clients) don't use their nail oil their whites go yellow on their smoking hand, its very noticeable when I file the top layers off... they only need to be caught out once thou then they become religious users of their nail oil!

I was referring to natural nails.. on the stain removal thing... not sure what denning was meaning now lol... I do find if my smoker girls (clients) don't use their nail oil their whites go yellow on their smoking hand, its very noticeable when I file the top layers off... they only need to be caught out once thou then they become religious users of their nail oil!

haha.. nah i think im the confused one!! it is wierd though must be because i use oil that my nails and skin dont suffer.. and my girls must be doing the same.. nn is another story!!! my boyfriend is a diesal machanic and suffered from black eponychium's and under the free edge for 3 years until he met me and my trusty stain removers (cr) but the one i got from my cnd course has worked a treat on him.. but i only do it on special occasions because they are black again the next day!:green:

but i only do it on special occasions because they are black again the next day!:green:

yep I only clean off the furniture stain when I want his hands clean, cuz by tomorrow they will be brown again!

great advice everyone, but i should have been a bit clearer, the yellowing is on the skin right near the nail, and when I do their nails, they look great, but then you see this awfull yellow stain on the skin right next to the nail and it ruins the whole look! So i am wondering how to get rid of that stain??

I'm a smoker, and i have never had this problem.. My nails dont go yellow.. the only thing i get is sometimes when i put my smoke out i set my enhancement on fire.. (ok it happened once and i was drunk)

4 out of 5 of my girls are smokers.. and they dont come back yellow either (maybe im just lucky).. is this on nn or enhancements your talking?

Most good quality cuticle removers have a stain remover in them but the creative one im using now is the best ive had..

just wondering do you let your clients smoke while your giving the treatment?

I would have no problem with them smoking if I was doing it at their house but in a salon it would not be allowed, but I also have no problems stopping for a smoke break if thats what the client wanted

I would have no problem with them smoking if I was doing it at their house but in a salon it would not be allowed, but I also have no problems stopping for a smoke break if thats what the client wanted

I wouldn't it interferes with your prep.

You wouldn't ask your gynaecologist for a fag break would you ?

Also don't let them smoke near your products ... highly inflammable!!!!

PS for the US geeks, we call a cigarette a fag in the UK, I know you have a very different meaning for it :eek::!::lol::!:

Sorry :o ,never thought

hmm well smoking interfears with the application so its prolly best not to allow it during the enhancement..
(when im doing my own i always stop for a smoke.. but only when i have finished certain things.. and i go outside.. normaly after filing so i can wash my hands before and after smoke...)

anyway if you get an old art brush (i cut the tip off so the bristles are harder) pop enough cuticle remover in an dappen dish and dip the brush in.. scrub it over the nail plate and up around the eponichium for about 5 to 10 seconds a nail.. then do your cuticle work.. get the client to wash hands after or use citrisoak spray and you should see a difference.. my girls like the feel of the little brush scrubbing thier fingers and a little under the F/E if its a NNO also gets rid of any staining underneath..
hth!

Latest posts

Back