Help with identifying what's gone wrong

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dazzle.digits

Reaction score
One of my regular clients had her nails done a week ago. She usually gets 2 weeks from her gel manicures.She has sent me this picture today showing that the top coat has started peeling. I haven't changed anything in either prep or products since I last saw her. I used cnd shellac base coat, colour and top coat and cnd led lamp.

Any idea what has happened here? I'm baffled but she's coming in for me to see them and I'm unsure how to proceed at this appointment.....
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1453550360.543425.jpg

If nothing has changed in what you do, the first question I would ask her is what has 'she' done differently this time.

I would guess these nails have been in contact with a product or bleach, Cillit bang etc which has caused the damage.

Thank you for your opinions, this is also what u was thinking but have never come across it before so needed confirmation.
Now how do I handle this without directly blaming the client? She's basically saying she hasn't used anything which could have damaged them so it's going to be tricky......

Is it on every nail?

Yes if it's down to contact with chemicals I would expect it to be on just 2 or 3 on dominant hand.

A strong anti ageing cream can have this effect too.

I had my nails done and had cracks similar to this , I just thought it was down to washing dishes and constantly being in hot water , I never went back to the shop . I would be interested to know how though it happened so I don't get the same problem

It doesn't look like it's happened to her ring finger. I think it's a contact issue too.

Thank you for all your responses, I think I'll have to have a good chat with her to establish what is going on, although she is insistent that she is not at fault [emoji15]

They always are lol. Usually they don't realise it's something they've done. I've done it myself with pots of moisturiser

I have had clients "melt" their shellac on toasters or toaster ovens, anything that gets super hot. That was kind of what that looks like.

Latest posts

Back