Help with keratin bonds

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abudab

Reaction score
Hi all,

Hope this is ok to post as you ladies I think are my only hope.
I have very short fine hair and had keratin bonds applied at weekend.
I had asked for shoulder length and after researching for weeks found a lovely lady who's been doing them for years and felt very excited.
After 4 hours my finished look at first glance was a shock as they were so long reaching to bottom of my bust.
I asked if she could cut them shorter but she said because of placement of bonds they need to be this length.
I came home and felt a little numb to be honest not knowing what to think.
I have like a mullet shape on top of my head and haven't ventured out yet as scared of people seeing me.

Please could someone recommend what to do?? Should I attempt to cut them myself a little shorter then chip in at them a few inches? The bonds are showing through my fine hair and I'm going to need to face people soon and feel so upset that my new look hasn't turned out the way I had hoped!

I really want to keep them in but just want them shorter and blended so not too drastic as they are now.

Thank you in advance ladies

Find a salon that is reccomened for cutting extensions, don't cut them yourself it's really hard you could make them look worse, fine hair is incredibly hard to hide extensions (trust me I have fine hair & extensions!) I try to keep mine slightly curled so the mullet area blends better, as for the bonds showing, don't worry about it no one cares as much as you do, I've given up trying to hide my bonds & am much happier waring a bobble on top of my head now than waring it down worrying about people seeing, I have one fine hair client who doesn't have them anywhere forward of her ears because she doesn't like the bonds showing, I can still see them when her hairs up in a pony tail so why worry I think, I have mine fitted right to the top of my head so when it's down it looks awesome (curled) and full at the front

Find a salon that is reccomened for cutting extensions, don't cut them yourself it's really hard you could make them look worse, fine hair is incredibly hard to hide extensions (trust me I have fine hair & extensions!) I try to keep mine slightly curled so the mullet area blends better, as for the bonds showing, don't worry about it no one cares as much as you do, I've given up trying to hide my bonds & am much happier waring a bobble on top of my head now than waring it down worrying about people seeing, I have one fine hair client who doesn't have them anywhere forward of her ears because she doesn't like the bonds showing, I can still see them when her hairs up in a pony tail so why worry I think, I have mine fitted right to the top of my head so when it's down it looks awesome (curled) and full at the front

I agree don't cut them yourself and in fact don't just get any hairdresser to cut them either as its a different cutting technique then to cutting normal natural hair. Only someone who has an experience with hair extensions. I would personally contact the person who dis them for you and state that you would like them shorter. There is no reason why they can't be cut shorter, I have ladies that have there extensions cut into a bob so it creates more thickness xx

Hi ladies

Thank you very much for taking time to reply with some sound advice.

I have an appointment today with a salon who blend hair extensions so am hoping they will sort me out.

I have washed them since I posted and since washing them I've felt better as hair has fluffed out a little and are disguising my bonds better.

However once shorter I am hoping that I won't feel so self conscious.

The problem with my hair, it's so fine and tends to get greasy and goes flat therefore bonds show up alot
I know we're told that you shouldn't wash hair extensions every day as they won't last as long but would it be ok if I just shampooed the top of my real hair every day? Sorry for all the questions

When I have extensions I secure the bottom off and out the way then just wash my natural hair at the top.. The section running through my parting.. Much quicker for you too aswell as not over washing the extensions [emoji4]

When I have extensions I secure the bottom off and out the way then just wash my natural hair at the top.. The section running through my parting.. Much quicker for you too aswell as not over washing the extensions [emoji4]
Thank you

Latest posts

Back