Help with lifting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh.

Well in that case I think it's fair to say that some training companies care more about the health and integrity of the natural nail than others. There's no actual law in place.

Long term, though, if damage and thinning occurs, then enhancement products are more inclined to lift on a weak wobbly nail. Worth thinking about x

I dnt find any damage with my clients in the 5 yrs ive done nails... never had any over filing as i prep my nail.properly using a light touch when using my 180 file as ur only slightly scratching (etching) the top surface layer which is the same as using a buffer as it smooths down top layer only difference is a buffer smooths and the 180 lightly roughens. when i remove my clients acrylics they look the exact same condition altho more dehydrated which cuticle oil helps... ive trained yrs ago with nsi and last 2 yrs ive did converstion training with cnd and young nails and never did they mention i was doing anything wrong??

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I dnt find any damage with my clients in the 5 yrs ive done nails... never had any over filing as i prep my nail.properly using a light touch when using my 180 file as ur only slightly scratching (etching) the top surface layer which is the same as using a buffer as it smooths down top layer only difference is a buffer smooths and the 180 lightly roughens. when i remove my clients acrylics they look the exact same condition altho more dehydrated which cuticle oil helps... ive trained yrs ago with nsi and last 2 yrs ive did converstion training with cnd and young nails and never did they mention i was doing anything wrong??

Thanks for replying. So far so good on my own nails, I've had minimum lifting which is highly unusual for me, so.i definitely think buffing the nails just isn't enough for the product to grip too. Don't have any clients booked in till next week though so can't test it out yet :(

Thanks for your help geeks, I've had no lifting since switching files, I just make sure I use it gently as to just rough up the nail plate without doing any damage xx

Thanks for your help geeks, I've had no lifting since switching files, I just make sure I use it gently as to just rough up the nail plate without doing any damage xx

Thats great news... thia site is so good for tips n stuff its always worth while if u ever hav a query xx

Latest posts

Back