Help with nail stamping

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hey guys I’m getting really frustrated with nail stamping sometimes I get it others it just won’t print? Anything I’m doing wrong? ☹️☹️☹️ Please can somebody help I found filing my stamper down so not shiny but not working AGAIN

I am a total newbie to stamping myself. I can understand your frustration. Ive spent hours the past two weeks stamping my nails brittle and today, by changing the polish that I use and just not over working and just getting a flow into the process it worked. I have all my nails stamped! Yeay [emoji4]

I’m no expert but here are three things I discovered.

Scrape off the extra polish once with the scraper/card. Even if it looks stripy where it shouldn’t be it picks up better.

With the stamper its all about light but effective pick up. Don’t push to hard down and don’t wait to long.

Clean the plate with pure acetone and switch out the pad you clean with. If the plate gets “cloudy” it picks up uneven

Also for me switching polishes worked wonders. Not all lines work as well or easy. I see experienced stampers do magic and make anything stamp, but it really does matter what you use when you are a beginner.

Also cleaning your stamper with a lint roller makes it perfectly prepped !

As I said I am a newbie so this might be old news for you but it’s what I can share.

Good luck and hope to follow the thread and get some great tips from true experts out there [emoji4]

There’s tons of tips and tricks on you tube but one of the most important tricks is to work quickly. Once you’ve scraped, pick up the pattern immediately else it won’t stick to the stamper.

And practise :) good luck

Clear jelly stamper on YouTube has some great videos, I’m actually watching one right now! She also recommends making sure your polishes aren’t too thick and are well mixed.

I am a total newbie to stamping myself. I can understand your frustration. Ive spent hours the past two weeks stamping my nails brittle and today, by changing the polish that I use and just not over working and just getting a flow into the process it worked. I have all my nails stamped! Yeay [emoji4]

I’m no expert but here are three things I discovered.

Scrape off the extra polish once with the scraper/card. Even if it looks stripy where it shouldn’t be it picks up better.

With the stamper its all about light but effective pick up. Don’t push to hard down and don’t wait to long.

Clean the plate with pure acetone and switch out the pad you clean with. If the plate gets “cloudy” it picks up uneven

Also for me switching polishes worked wonders. Not all lines work as well or easy. I see experienced stampers do magic and make anything stamp, but it really does matter what you use when you are a beginner.

Also cleaning your stamper with a lint roller makes it perfectly prepped !

As I said I am a newbie so this might be old news for you but it’s what I can share.

Good luck and hope to follow the thread and get some great tips from true experts out there [emoji4]

Thank you lll give it a go what polish have you been using?

Thank you lll give it a go what polish have you been using?

Well I started out using Creative Play by CND (CND is the brand I use), but found that I could not break the code and they did not stamp evenly or pick up evenly.(bought them new so might have been to thin of a consistency) But gave Vinylux a go and it was so much easier (also bought them new, but they just worked better) I still need to work fast, but it’s more even when I pick it up.

Also I’ve tried 4 different top coats and messed up the stamp every time, but Vinylux top coat worked like a charm.

I’m traveling at the moment so I don’t have all my usual stuff, but if you have it or want to give it a test, try Vinylux. Especially the top coat! I thought Seche would be my saviour when I found it in a shop (old favourite) but Vinylux kicked its ass to my surprise [emoji4]

Well I started out using Creative Play by CND (CND is the brand I use), but found that I could not break the code and they did not stamp evenly or pick up evenly.(bought them new so might have been to thin of a consistency) But gave Vinylux a go and it was so much easier (also bought them new, but they just worked better) I still need to work fast, but it’s more even when I pick it up.

Also I’ve tried 4 different top coats and messed up the stamp every time, but Vinylux top coat worked like a charm.

I’m traveling at the moment so I don’t have all my usual stuff, but if you have it or want to give it a test, try Vinylux. Especially the top coat! I thought Seche would be my saviour when I found it in a shop (old favourite) but Vinylux kicked its ass to my surprise [emoji4]
Okay thank you! Is this proper stamping polish or normal? Xx

Okay thank you! Is this proper stamping polish or normal? Xx

Creative Play is more of a traditional polish, but Vinylux is a special polish that does not require base coat and the top coat sets and cures stronger over time when exposed to natural light. Great polish that last really long when applied thin and even on a scrubbed nail. And also apparently great for stamping [emoji4]

Born Pretty do a full range of specific stamper polishes. I do sometimes use regular polishes, but they can be hit and miss, but Born Pretty ones are always good.

Latest posts

Back