Help with pink and white!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emmadw81

Reaction score
im currently studying a diploma in nail tech I'm doing the assessment for pink and white acrylics I failed last week as my timing was out we get 120 mins to complete I find this very difficult to get a full set don't in this time . We have only been practising the pink and white for two week any tips on how I could save time
Also last week the collage room was really warm and struggled with it setting too fast

Wow! Thats a short amount of time for newbies and french after only 2 weeks. I took 4 hours at first.

If its warm you need to work slightly wetter, wipe your brush on the side of the dappen dish less before picking up the bead, this will give you a wetter bead with more workability time. Not too wet or you'll lose the strength. If you wipe 3 times normally try twice. Or of you wipe once from ferrule to flags only wipe half way down. Spend a few minutes perfecting your bead ratio before starting, you'll save time in the long run.

Good luck

Thank you hopefully this will help and yes two hours is not enough I needed another 30/40 mins tried to explain to tutor but they are sticking at two hours I feel as if I'll never pass

Can you explain your whole process from prep to finish? There might be a step that could be changed somewhere to speed up the process.

Hi yes cuticle work,file free edge, buff nail plate, cleanse, glue tip, file to desired shape and blend, bond, sheer pink acrylic on create smile line , file smile line , white on, then file down bulk and buff to shine that's what we have been taught just can't get the timing down to do a good job if I rush it goes wrong

Hi yes cuticle work,file free edge, buff nail plate, cleanse, glue tip, file to desired shape and blend, bond, sheer pink acrylic on create smile line , file smile line , white on, then file down bulk and buff to shine that's what we have been taught just can't get the timing down to do a good job if I rush it goes wrong

The bit in bold is why I disagree with teaching the reverse method to trainees. Most techs doing this are either very experienced and know exactly how much product to put in zone 2, this only comes with practise and experience, or efile users who then file off the unwanted product. Teaching it to newbies is just counter productive, and either teaches them they need an efile (which they don't if they were taught correctly) or to create unstable nails in an attempt to find a way of speeding up such as skipping prep stages.

Buffing off bulk is a waste of your time, products and money, why put too much on just to file it off....its basically creating expensive dust! Teach them to sculpt with their brush not their abrasive.

I feel for you Emma

What training are you doing? On my course pink and white is a level 3 skill. We have been shown and had a little go on level 2 but it's definitely not for beginners!

Hi yes that's exactly what they are showing us to do it bulky and file off with file I see it as a waste of time and product too as takes ages to file it down enough which leads to running out of time hence why four out of five failed last week . I really really want to pass the course but I can't see it happening with this time restrictions. I've thought about prepping before I even get to collage but I imagine it's against the rules so frustrating

I meant an e file

Who are you training with? Any good teacher will want the brush to do the hard work, not the file.

Latest posts

Back