Help with spray tan overspray needed PLEASE

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sweetbegonia

Reaction score
I got one of the spray tans, put on the paper booties but did not get the spray rubbed in quick enough and not I have "Sandal lines" if you will but it doesn't match any shoes I have and it looks ridiculous is there any way to get it off my feet... I used oven cleaner on the palms of my hands but I am hesitant to do so on my ankles and tops of my feet. Can anyone help I need to remove this junk by Tuesday April 11. HELLLLLP:mad:

try some bicarbonate of soda in a paste or lemon juice these are natural bleaching agents but they will make your skin really dry.

Is that what we Canadians call Baking soda ???

OMG oven cleaner! dont use that. What solution did you have applied?
Dove is fantastic at striping colour so give that a try, also have a bath instead of a shower as you sweat more in the bath..trust me it works

scattyfox said:
try some bicarbonate of soda in a paste or lemon juice these are natural bleaching agents but they will make your skin really dry.

actually don't try that think that will work better on the schming schmong nails lol

Sorry Emma I don't know the brand and what is Dove?

Have you tried a tan remover? Sant Tropez do one or even exfoliator should work.

Ive had this problem and to be honest I have found nothing gets it off, I have scrubbed with pummi stones, exfoliators and everything. I was told, but please do not hold it to me that, bleach used to die hair will get tan off but I dont know how true this is and what your skin would be like afterwards. There are tan removers but dont you have to use them within 2 hours of applying!! Sorry I can not be of more help -

Dove is a soap over here in england and there is one with tiny bits in to exfoliate while you wash

Sorry it was only after posting that I realised that you are in the States. There are some ingredients in their body wash that are great for striping tan which is why I advise clients not to use it. When did you have the tan done?
The best alternative you can use is something coarse to exfoliate your skin with. The dye from the tan only goes as far as the upper layer of skin 'dermis', the tan fades when the upper layers are shed. This occurs quicker with people who have dryer skin which is why you are advised to moisturise frequently to prolong the results.
Try something such as St Tropez exfoliator or as a cheaper alternative mix some coarse salt in with some body wash. Hopefully this should help

Latest posts

Back