help with vtct artificial nails assignment

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nikki1209

Reaction score
hi wondering if anyone could help i am on my final assignment and im a bit stuck could anyone help. i have just been doing the rest of the questions for it and now my mind has gone blank. (i feel so thick) The question says Investigate the effects of: mechanical damage and investigate the effects of:chemical damage that may occur from previous treatments

hi, i think this is right... chemical damage can be caused by fumes from the room not being well ventalated, dust of nails, overuse of primer, allergic reaction from products. and mechanical damage is caused by over filing by hand, or by drill, over buffing, improper removal. and leaving the client under the uv lamp for too long but im not sure if this is chemical or mechanical? hope this is right, ive just passed all of my exams and i finish next week! my teachers got my file though so i cant check it. and just a tip the written exam is really bad because even though i got most of them right they didnt have specific words and stuff in them so i had to redo it.:)

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/26163-chemical-mechanical-damage.html post #4
Geeg said:
Mechanical damage is things like:

* Filing or
* picking off the product or
* improper removal ... all thin and damage the nail plate.

Chemical damage would include things like ...

* dehydration caused by your dehydrator (temporary) or
* overexposure caused by exceeding manufacturers' recommendations for usage which could result in an irritation or eventual allergic reaction
hth's

Latest posts

Back