HELP!!x

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T&G Jones

Reaction score
i've been working for toni and guy since i was fourteen, i have just left school and got a full time "in salon" apprentiship with them, we are a really tight knit team which is great but i've recently started doing models i have my level one and 2 nvq (through a early pathways course through school) so they expect me to know the ropes to which i do but not aswell as i think they want me to. i do need a lot of help at the mo as i feel like i'm being chucked in at the deep end which i don't mind i'm up for a challenge but it's starting to feel really deep now! lol x any help? also where can i purchase good quality cutting dvd's just to refresh myself and help lock things back in the noggin, please help all advice is welcome!!!x

Hi,

I have worked for Toni & Guy for 8 years and did my training with them. I think you're probably finding it harder doing models in the salon after learning through college as Toni & Guy have a different way of cutting and the terminology we use is different isn't it?! Your salon should have the Future Classics book which you need to refer to when your models are in which goes through step by step what to do but saying this it is better to ask a stylist if you are unsure. Do you do a head sheet after your models as this will keep the cut you have just done fresh in your mind.Just remember though that nobody finds it easy when they are training and it will take a while to get it. If you feel as though you aren't progressing fast enough ask your mentor for constructive critisism. You can also purchase the cutting DVD's through the salon when they place an order with Label M. HTH :)
Princess P x

hey thanks for that yea i love the way they cut but theres so much too learn in so much detail my brain might explode mid blow dry trying to absorb it all!! and yea we do have the book but it's still a bit awkward ya know angling scissors andle you pull the hair away from the head as im useless at maths! and no we haven't done head sheets we only have consultation sheets like hairtype face shape hair growth patterns etc. and then they mark us on a mark sheet and oh ok thanks do you know roughly how much the dvd's are? xx

i think you are stressing about it tooo much! I swear when i was training i didn't think i would get it either! Try not to compare yourself to others and go at your own pace with it. I think head sheets are good to do as you can write your own comments on what you did and you will probably remember it a bit clearer. I think if you are unsure about what you're doing ask again and keep asking til you know for sure, stylists wont think your slow, just eager to learn which isn't a bad thing! Not sure how much DVD's are but your salon should have a price list for everything. :lol: xx

ok thanks for that, how hard was the academy for you? a few girls said the london academy was so tough they completely cleaned everywhere then one tutor went along and trashed it with glitter and silly string and said look guys clear it up!! x :S

Latest posts

Back