Help :)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hair designs

Reaction score
hi my names gemma im 18years old. im a qualified nvq level2 hairdresser, and im wanting to set up mobile. im just querying what to charge :irked:, if you can help, please let me know. thanx

Hey im Beckie and im 24 , i have been mobile since October 2009 and its going so well !

Price depends on areas really hun , im in South East London and cover this and the Kent area and my prices are as follows--

CBD £25 -£28
WET CUT £15

FULL HIGHLIGHTS AND CBD £60 - £65
HALF AND CBD £50 - £55
T SEC AND CBD £40 - £45

PARTING , SCATTER FOILS OR SLICED SECTIONS FROM £30

FULL TINT £30 NO CBD
REGROWTH £20 NO CBD

SEMI £20

KIDS BETWEEN £5 - £12

MY PRICES ARE ROUGHLY £10 CHEAPER THAN THE SALON I USED TO WORK IN AND I INCREASE THEM BY £5 IF THERE HAIR IS EXTRA LONG OR EXTRA THICK OR IM TRAVELING A FAIR WAY TO THEM :)
ALSO PUT THEM UP A TINY BIT EVERY YEAR AS DO SALONS .
HOPE THIS HELPS HUN X

Thankyou :)
ive been asked to do someones hair for their wedding and im unsure what to charge.

i was just wondering if you could help me again (sorry) i was wondering how to register my self and my buisness?

ive drawn up a price list now thankyou :) x

Well weddings are difficult , i mean i personally dont do wedding hair mobile , its one of my pet hates lol im too into my colour !

Id charge just under what my salon used to charge so prop around the £45 mark for the trial and £55 on the day.

As for starting up , you m ust let HMRC know within 3 months of first trading , i have got an accountant who does all my tax returns etc etc might be worth looking into getting one ? He sorts all mine out , all i do is write down everything i do and what i charge and i keep all reciepts of expenses etc and put them in date order for him in a folder . I aslo deduct 25% of everything i earn at the end of the week and transfer it into a seperate account to pay for my tax and NI bill at the end of the tax year , much better to be prepared rather than being hit with a massive bil in April or Jan ! hope this helped a little xxxx

hi my names gemma im 18years old. im a qualified nvq level2 hairdresser, and im wanting to set up mobile. im just querying what to charge :irked:, if you can help, please let me know. thanx

Hi Gemma,

Please don't think I'm being patronising but you really need to get more salon experience before you go out on your own, I made some huge cock ups when I was your age as I had no one to ask on the spot so had to blag it, and I was working in a salon at then same time!

There's no rush to get out there on your own, I know you've got yout NVQ 2 but there no better qualification that experience, and in mine I would suggest a couple of years in a salon.

I was 21 when I went mobile, but had done 2 years at college then 3 and half years in a salon, plus about 3 years before that as a Saturday girl, I've just turned 40 and still know the latest product etc, there really is no rush hun.

Latest posts

Back