Henna tattoos

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leely

Reaction score
Has anyone done a course in this? Is there a course in this.

I find this really interesting and was wondering if there was a course you could do.

Would love to hear your views x

Leely x

Anyone?

Leely x

I wouldn't recommend it to be honest. Henna increases skin sensitivity and I had a henna tattoo 14 years ago, it got into my bloody stream (one way or another) and I was seriously ill and bed ridden for 6 weeks. This has also made me allergic to any form of dye xxx

OMG - that's bad.

Would be nice to hear some more views on this please? anyone that offers this as a treatment etc.

Leely x

It depends whether you mean what is called "black henna" which isn't actually henna but a dye (this is the one that people can have serious side effects and allergies with) or natural henna, which a lot of people call mehndi henna art to try and differentiate between the two. I love doing mehndi henna but I haven't offered it professionally so to speak, it is getting quite popular though :0)

It depends whether you mean what is called "black henna" which isn't actually henna but a dye (this is the one that people can have serious side effects and allergies with) or natural henna, which a lot of people call mehndi henna art to try and differentiate between the two. I love doing mehndi henna but I haven't offered it professionally so to speak, it is getting quite popular though :0)

Mehandi henna art is what I have been looking at. It looks so amazing. I have had it done a few times before and I am amazed at the skill and how beautiful it looks.
Did you do a course? Or is their one I could do?

Thanks

Leely x

No I haven't done a professional course I'm afraid, I just like playing lol. I normally only henna myself or my friends if they ask. Candles are pretty good for practising on :lol: if you don't like the design you can wipe it straight off, if you do let the henna dry and then seal the henna on with mod podge and voila! you have pretty candles ;0) Here's a couple of pics of candles and henna I did on my sons girlfriend this summer xxx
DSC_0259.jpg

DSC_0128.jpg

DSC_0127.jpg

They look fab.

The only course I have managed to find is an online one.
So I'm not sure if there is any professional courses.

Leely x

I know what you mean, I looked but never managed to find an actual qualification or anything :0/

Hello, I am a henna artist, self taught. Some beauty school do have a henna courses, if you know nothing about henna I would recommend doing a course, mehndi and henna are pretty much the same thing, mehndi is also the word used for the part of an Asian wedding celebration where the bride and her female family and friends take part in getting henna designs (mehndi party), henna is one of the most natural products on this earth and it is extremely rare to have an allergic reaction to, please beware of black henna because it is not real henna it is made from other chemicals. There are different types of henna the colours range from a lighter orange to a darker red or brown depending on what country it is from. Also the henna designs vary depending on the part of the world it originates from, Arabic designs are mostly flowers etc, indian designs have things like Paisley integrated into them and there are of course more westernised (is that even a word? Lol) designs are very popular now. all these things are very useful to know if you would like to do henna as a proffession, once you know the basic designs you can be creative with it :) I love henna lol

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank you so much for your feedback :)

I'm gonna buy myself a few books to look at designs etc and see what else I can find.

Leely x

Hya have a look at ash kumar henna courses he is brilliant....I'm saving up do these courses as well...hope that helps

posh.beauty

Hi,

We have a really good Mehndi / Henna course based in Bolton. Please take a look at our course here...

One of our recent course images >>>

henna.jpg

Hi
I did a henna course at Barnfield college in Luton. It was called vtct henna skin decoration level 2.
You will need to put in the hours to learn how to make a design and apply. I'm awful at drawing so it took me about 30 hours of practice to become a good henna artist.
There an excellent website called henna page, I think. It has designs and shows you how to create them bit by bit.

Hi again
I've just check it is called henna page - click on free patterns, and you are sorted.
I would that the kids to their after school lessons and while waiting for them I would practice the patterns, first using a pencil then a henna cone.
I now make my own henna cones, henna cones that are shaped like a pen and as long as one are easier to use.
Make a cone, using anything, people have even use old crisp packs! Empty the large henna cone into the cones you have made, use Sellotape to seal. Easy.

Thank you for that Min :)

I'll have a look and see what I can come up with :) x

Leely x

Hi Leely my daughter and I have both trained in henna application. Don't be discouraged by negative reports as they usually refer to black henna which is completely illegal. We only trained this summer so we haven't done a huge amount and can't say how popular it might turn out to be but certainly around the peak festival times and for older kids parties etc it was good enough to start with, especially as the course was only around £65. Contact this lady on Facebook.....Uwaisa Mehndi, she's fabulous and holds courses in various locations. We did ours in Birmingham and I know she is running another soon! Hope that helps x

Hi Leely my daughter and I have both trained in henna application. Don't be discouraged by negative reports as they usually refer to black henna which is completely illegal. We only trained this summer so we haven't done a huge amount and can't say how popular it might turn out to be but certainly around the peak festival times and for older kids parties etc it was good enough to start with, especially as the course was only around £65. Contact this lady on Facebook.....Uwaisa Mehndi, she's fabulous and holds courses in various locations. We did ours in Birmingham and I know she is running another soon! Hope that helps x

Thank you so much.

I have liked her Facebook page and will get in touch and see when if there are courses near me :)

Leely x

can anyone recommend a book?

i have had a look online at pics but would love a book that i could refer back to.

Thanks

Leely x

Latest posts

Back