Here are my 1st hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Helen Faye

Reaction score
Any constructive criticism or advice would be greatly appreciated. Its a full head of micro rings using Indian remy,1g stick tips. I used about 220 strands xxxx

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1414317468459.jpg
    1414317468459.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 395
  • 1414317490928.jpg
    1414317490928.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 380
  • 1414317504184.jpg
    1414317504184.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 376
  • 1414317521735.jpg
    1414317521735.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 372
I don't do extensions and someone might correct me if what I'm saying actually doesn't make a difference.. but the consistency doesn't look right, like some look closer to the scalp then other, and some look like they're pulling on the scalp more then others

I agree,I do need to practice the technique more to get it up to cratch, this is my sister so want to do another set on her again before clients. Xx

Hiya I think they are good for your first set but yes I think your sections need to be more neat and also trim your bonds down slightly, next time your doing it take pictures of the hair straight and we can all help as it's hard when the hair is curled as that can hide a lot xx

For your first attempt they are good. Try and concentrate on your sections either perfect squares, triangles or whichever pattern you use. Aim to leave a slight gap from the scalp and aim for neat rows. So all the rings are at the same height etc

Experiment with different hair weights 0.5, 0.8, 1g on different hair textures so you can see different results. The lighter weights on fine hair the 1g on thicker coarse hair. Take before and after pics so you can see how you improve 😄

If you have a dolls head practice as much as you can. It's even better if you can get real life models xx

Thank you I've ordered some practice strands for my manikin, so I'll keep at it. Also I wanted to ask how far up on the back sections would you recommend to go, I felt going to where they trained me isn't high enough but wanted to play it safe first time.thank you for your replies I do appreciate you taking the time to message back xxx

Ahhh what a lovely appreciative geek, :)

You need to leave about 1 cm or the size of your little finger nail from the scalp, their gonna be a bit uncomfortable, also as said above sectioning needs to be much neater....

If u feel u need to fit further up do it so their quite spaced out rather than a full row, it helps blend better :)

Thank you for the advice, i shall but up my practices once I've done them and see what you think xx

Thank you for the advice, i shall but up my practices once I've done them and see what you think xx

Experiment with different patterns. When I trained I was told to leave a gap inbetween each extension. I soon learnt I couldn't fit enough hair in and the client looked sparse. So I started to do full rows. I found this allowed me to fit more hair in and the effect was better especially underneath.

Sometimes I do leave a gap in between extensions but it all depends on the client and how their hair falls.

You will find your own way. You have done the right thing asking for advice if you were unsure. That's what SG is for xx

Thank you jody, great advice and guidance xx

Latest posts

Back