Hi Brow or HD brow? That's the question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:-0 ??? Why would you not just show your own portfolio ???

Which is exactly what I do to show the nails I've done - it's the level and skill that I have achieved and am capable of. There are some amazing nail on SG that I simply couldn't do...yet. I would do the same for brows - my own portfolio.

Which is exactly what I do to show the nails I've done - it's the level and skill that I have achieved and am capable of. There are some amazing nail on SG that I simply couldn't do...yet. I would do the same for brows - my own portfolio.

Good for you! It is hard when you first start doing a treatment but it is really important for client expectations and so as not to misrepresent yourself to use your own work!! it always baffles me when people use generic photos to represent their work, I do Permanent Make Up, we deal with this a lot, new techs using experienced techs work or buying generic images from training companies to sell their services, I just don't get it!! Surely in training there is an opportunity to obtain some photos for portfolio and then you practice, get your pics together etc... Right rant over ;-) xx

:-0 ??? Why would you not just show your own portfolio ???

Because the book is there, ready as soon as you finish training.
It doesn't sound very good saying...
"I'm sorry I can't show you any examples or shapes etc as I haven't got my portfolio. I will have in a few months though"
I can't speak for everyone but I have my own photos on my website and my facebook/twitter accounts. It's always good to show your own work
😃

It's also shows them that looks are not achieved over night. It's explain how many treatments a client may of had and what products are used. After training it's fab even just for yourself just as an extra bit of learning homework. I very rarely use my book now just pics on my phone or iPad. It's called the "coffee table book" for clients to browse through while waiting. Not like an Argos catalogue - I want those ones. X

Because the book is there, ready as soon as you finish training.
It doesn't sound very good saying...
"I'm sorry I can't show you any examples or shapes etc as I haven't got my portfolio. I will have in a few months though"
I can't speak for everyone but I have my own photos on my website and my facebook/twitter accounts. It's always good to show your own work
😃
Am sorry but for me it sounds wven worse saying here is a book of someone far more experienced work, i will attempt to recreate it :-/ or worst still passing it off as own when its not. I got my portfolio together before I showed pics,it was small to begin with but I used my case studies and training pics, I then practised and offered treatments for model prices to get my model book together, But I appreciate everyone is different just because it baffles me, each to their own and all that.x

It's also shows them that looks are not achieved over night. It's explain how many treatments a client may of had and what products are used. After training it's fab even just for yourself just as an extra bit of learning homework. I very rarely use my book now just pics on my phone or iPad. It's called the "coffee table book" for clients to browse through while waiting. Not like an Argos catalogue - I want those ones. X
I see your point as a useful tool for yourself for practise and something to use as a guide but still wouldn't use for clients though but thats me and as I said each to his own :)

Im just about to book my bdb but Im so scared of spending the money. Im setting up my home salon atm and really want to offer a treatment like this. I will be doing nails, semi perm eyelashes, tanning and waxing. Ive not yet done my waxing training yet and I've only done the flirties brow shape and tinting which they have said is fine. They will be teaching me to wax brows as well won't they? Im ready to confirm my course but just need that extra push i think xx

Sent from my GT-I9100P using SalonGeek mobile app

Exactly! x

Im just about to book my bdb but Im so scared of spending the money. Im setting up my home salon atm and really want to offer a treatment like this. I will be doing nails, semi perm eyelashes, tanning and waxing. Ive not yet done my waxing training yet and I've only done the flirties brow shape and tinting which they have said is fine. They will be teaching me to wax brows as well won't they? Im ready to confirm my course but just need that extra push i think xx

They certainly did when I did it! I already waxed brows but for sure picked up great tips :) Give the HQ a call and I know they will put your mind at ease! Xx

Best advice I can offer for anyone looking to offer a new brand is do your research, decide what is important to you as a therapist and what you want to achieve for your clients, with regards to HD and BDB, both are good strong brands, look at your client base and what they expect from you, I chose BDB because brows are my thing and I wanted a brand to reflect this, I looked into the brand before it came to the UK and did my research, I loved the products and the background to the company, I loved the fact they were just brows and that training was intense and thorough, retail is important to me and my clients trust me to provide them with quality products, it has lived up to my expectations and more. They are a nice company to work with and offer great support xx

Visually, what is the difference between hd and bdb. Is there somewhere which shows comparisons?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Visually, what is the difference between hd and bdb. Is there somewhere which shows comparisons?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app
Do you mean products or finished treatments? I posted a pic of my retail stand earlier in the thread and also a blog post with a before and after from when I first trained, best thing to do is look at various blogs and people's before and afters for both brands, also BDB both in the UK and the States have videos and lots of pictures, I think HD is the same. You are going to get great therapists/MUAs/Permanent make up artists who love both systems and who chose one or the other depending on what they preferred or needed for their clients! lets be honest there is only so many different ways you can shape a brow, the basics are effective techniques, knowledge of facial anatomy and how to balance the features for various ages. BDB have a strong method for precision shapeing that worked for me x

I went for it and booked it. Training on 30th July in Stockport. So excited now :D xx

I went for it and booked it. Training on 30th July in Stockport. So excited now :D xx

Good on you. I'll be close behind you in London though (hopefully)

Hi there, I am almost exactly the same. I perform my own brow treatment called 'Hollywood brows" it also consists of the same 7 steps as a HD brow.

I just couldn't justify the huge price tag to train in something when I'm already qualified and can do each step confidently.

So the seven steps I do are; measure, tint, wax, thread, tweeze, trim, perfect/make up.

Hope this helps

Jody x

Hi Jody, What is this 7 steps training & where do u train for that?

Hi Jody, What is this 7 steps training & where do u train for that?

Hi Tan fairy, I do my own course which is Hollywood brows the seven steps are listed above.

I train in Newport :)

Hth - Jody xx

hi, I want to offer brows as part of my mobile service but can anyone advise how I would go about the kit for the waxing stage? does anyone know of a mini waxing kit that I can take with me, mobile? I really appreciate any advice x

HD Brows all the way. Everyone knows what it is. You don't have to use stencils, it's more tailored & you can charge more so works out better in the end

I hot a mobile waxing kit for £50 off salons direct. Have waxed about 40 times and not even used 20% of the stuff yet as they give u loads xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back