Hi Brow or HD brow? That's the question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kellydb

Reaction score
Right I need to book my course and I know hd has been discussed sooo much, I just wondered if anyone out there, loved their hi brow training? Have you had lots of business out of it? I know a lot of people do with hd, just trying to convince myself whether or not to pay out the extra 500 or not, any comments for or against would be grateful.

Thankyou :)

Interested to see what people think of Hi brow :)

I did my HD Brow training last week and really enjoyed it. If you were to do Hi Brow, you wouldn't be able to charge the same as HD because people know HD and whether we like it or not, most clients nowadays go with the brand, so why would they want to pay £25 for something they've not heard of before when they can go to so and so down the road for HD?
Also with all the retail products you can get with HD, everyone knows how good they are and to be honest at the moment HD is all the rage.
You go in pairs on your training for the practical and have 1 trainer per pair. You get a really good understanding of the treatment and I am very pleased I paid more and went with HD Brows.
Good luck with whatever you choose!

My head keeps telling me HD is the best training and the way forward, but my purse is saying Hi Brow Hi Brow lol I so want to get this right, I just don't know as many people/places that offers Hi Brow, iv asked all my friends on fb and they all voted in Hi Brow (probably cos its cheaper) but I also work in a salon and think for advertising, HD will sell better, because everyone knows it. Hard choice!

I'm not doing either, I'm just doing an eyebrow definiton course which includes all 7 steps. I have got 15 bookings for the 1st week so far and I have done a hell of a lot of research. I think your as good as you want to be, however you are trained. Although Beautie is absolutely right - customers do like the HD brand - but is that because that's all they've ever heard of??
Hi brow can be made just as well known as soon as more and more people train with them - does that make sense?

I have called mine 'Full Defintion Brows' and obviously priced it cheaper. And to be honest, I don't live in the most 'well off' of places and actually think that people will prefer to come to me because its at a fraction of the price, so take a look at your area.

I describe my treatment as being very similar to HD brows, but I cannot call it that because of copywright infringement, however it is the exact same method as HD as I am still using the same 7 steps. And make up wise - I'm using wow! brows, it has some amazing reviews!!

I hope all that makes sense and helps xx

I'm not doing either, I'm just doing an eyebrow definiton course which includes all 7 steps. I have got 15 bookings for the 1st week so far and I have done a hell of a lot of research. I think your as good as you want to be, however you are trained. Although Beautie is absolutely right - customers do like the HD brand - but is that because that's all they've ever heard of??
Hi brow can be made just as well known as soon as more and more people train with them - does that make sense?

I have called mine 'Full Defintion Brows' and obviously priced it cheaper. And to be honest, I don't live in the most 'well off' of places and actually think that people will prefer to come to me because its at a fraction of the price, so take a look at your area.

I describe my treatment as being very similar to HD brows, but I cannot call it that because of copywright infringement, however it is the exact same method as HD as I am still using the same 7 steps. And make up wise - I'm using wow! brows, it has some amazing reviews!!

I hope all that makes sense and helps xx
Have you had hd? How do you know you offer exactly the same? Just wondering?

Yea I've had hd before :)
And through a hell of a lot of research lol.....I go to bed thinking of brows, wake up thinking of brows....and sometimes wake up in the night, and immediately think about brows (it's annoying lol)
Just research research research :) xx

It's the exact same method, but not the exact same products....so not exactly the same treatment if that makes sense, I won't be using HD products, xx

Hi there, I am almost exactly the same. I perform my own brow treatment called 'Hollywood brows" it also consists of the same 7 steps as a HD brow.

I just couldn't justify the huge price tag to train in something when I'm already qualified and can do each step confidently.

So the seven steps I do are; measure, tint, wax, thread, tweeze, trim, perfect/make up.

Hope this helps

Jody x

Right I need to book my course and I know hd has been discussed sooo much, I just wondered if anyone out there, loved their hi brow training? Have you had lots of business out of it? I know a lot of people do with hd, just trying to convince myself whether or not to pay out the extra 500 or not, any comments for or against would be grateful.

In reply to your question ask your clients whether they would pay for hi brow, or that bit extra for hd brows they will answer it for you, also find out what kit you get with both of the training courses. It reminds me of the advert "it looks like a golf, but it isn't a golf"!! Good luck with what you decide! Xx

Hello, I'm a busy salon owner and currently do Hi Brow Professional. I previously hired a therapist specifically to carry out HD brow treatments but customers were coming back and complaining that they were to dark and wasn't fulfilling client expectations and to be honest I was charging them £45.00 per treatment as advised - and if Im honest not worth the money! So i opted to send my therapist on Hi Brow training instead, I did alot of research before booking; cost of kit, retail products, training for additional therapist, pricing structure - It helps also having such open clients as i told them i would be doing a similar treatment but at a fraction of the cost - news soon spread :biggrin: I've never been happier I only charge £25.00 for treatment however they do advise us to tailor treatment cost for clients and area.

If I'm honest my salon is based in Essex and know that even if i charged more i still would be able to generate the cost back for training and kit and make profit without loosing repeat business. Its true some clients can be a bit skeptical at first but cant we all be, they soon came round once they saw the difference, more realistic defined natural shaped brows. What more could any girl want? x :wink2:

Hello, I'm a busy salon owner and currently do Hi Brow Professional. I previously hired a therapist specifically to carry out HD brow treatments but customers were coming back and complaining that they were to dark and wasn't fulfilling client expectations and to be honest I was charging them £45.00 per treatment as advised - and if Im honest not worth the money! So i opted to send my therapist on Hi Brow training instead, I did alot of research before booking; cost of kit, retail products, training for additional therapist, pricing structure - It helps also having such open clients as i told them i would be doing a similar treatment but at a fraction of the cost - news soon spread :biggrin: I've never been happier I only charge £25.00 for treatment however they do advise us to tailor treatment cost for clients and area.

If I'm honest my salon is based in Essex and know that even if i charged more i still would be able to generate the cost back for training and kit and make profit without loosing repeat business. Its true some clients can be a bit skeptical at first but cant we all be, they soon came round once they saw the difference, more realistic defined natural shaped brows. What more could any girl want? x :wink2:

£45 for HD Brows ?? Wow that was far too high. The going rate with an Elite HD Brow Trainer is only £30 and £25 is what HD Brows recommend you charge for the treatment.

x

Hi Brow without a doubt. I was in the same situation as yourself, decided on Hi Brow and haven't looked back, in fact I even have three HD Brows clients who found HD too dark. I also find HD too dark. It does depend on the individual but I found everything great, kit, price, retail products. I have loads of clients and they all love them. This is just my opinion and good luck with what you decide. Xx

£45 for HD Brows ?? Wow that was far too high. The going rate with an Elite HD Brow Trainer is only £30 and £25 is what HD Brows recommend you charge for the treatment.

x

I rang nouveau yesterday and enquirer for HD training dates and I was told they recommend to charge between £25 and £55 x

HD brows don't have to be dark!
I am qualified and part of the training they teach you to tailor the brow to how the client wants it. It's not all one HD Brow suits all. It's an individual treatment.
The price I guess is what you can charge in your area. Some places you can charge £30-40 for a spray tan... Some places you can only charge £10.

If clients were finding their HD Brows too dark that is down to the therapist not doing a full consultation/not listening or to the client having different expectations. This is not down to the brand! There are different coloured tints which should be tailored to suit the client!! :)

Every time I make a final decision something comes along and makes me question it.

I have been debating over HD brows for 18 months.

Yes you are paying for the brand because the brand is what people know and love but that's what people search for online etc

If the brows have been done too dark then that is most definitely down to the therapist.

With Hi Brows are all the products branded as such?

My one bug bear besides the price tag is that I love the current tint brand I use, Refectocil, I dont want to give it up!

I rang nouveau yesterday and enquirer for HD training dates and I was told they recommend to charge between £25 and £55 x

True - but like I said I have mine done by one of there Elite HD Brow Trainers ( she trains in South Elmsall and Milton Keynes ) and only charges £30 per treatment. I wouldn't pay £55 for a brow treatment that is potentially needed every 4-6 weeks. After my own research on pricing in my area and surrounding areas I decided to charge £25 per treatment. Ladies I know who do HD Brows in Chester charge between £25-£30 xx

I'm just outside if chester and charge £25 xxx

Every time I make a final decision something comes along and makes me question it.

I have been debating over HD brows for 18 months.

Yes you are paying for the brand because the brand is what people know and love but that's what people search for online etc

If the brows have been done too dark then that is most definitely down to the therapist.

With Hi Brows are all the products branded as such?

My one bug bear besides the price tag is that I love the current tint brand I use, Refectocil, I dont want to give it up!

Completely understand all treatments do boil down to individual therapists and realistic client expectations. I suppose HD brows just weren’t for me or my customers!
Hi Brow Products are all branded – white for professional and black for retail.
For me personally the best thing is having the brow palettes match perfectly with the tint – great for those clients who can be undecided. Why don’t you give them a call or send an email? I spoke with a lady I think her name was Claire? Very helpful x x

Latest posts

Back