HI, complete Newby and college kit advice please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CSB

Reaction score
Hi, firstly I would to introduce myself. I'm Camille, this is my first post on these forums! I'm about to start my NVQ L2 in hairdressing a week Tuesday (as an adult learner), and I'm soooo excited! :D

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I'm going to need to buy a starter kit. I'm preparing myself for the fact that it's not going to be included in the course price - even though it was last year, but the reduced fee for the course is lower this year than last year (but the full fee is higher I believe!) Are you still with me!? LOL :lol: I can't find out until Monday, typically I only ever think of these things on a Saturday when there is no one at college to be able to answer my call!! :rolleyes: This is probably all the things I would have been told if I had had an interview, but I was offered a very last m inute place and didn't have time for an interview before enrollment cut off. Sorry, I'm waffling!

So, my question is, if I need to buy a kit, and I don't have to buy the college's specific kit, and it's not chaper than going else where (trying to explore all my potential options!) is there any particular start up kit you would recommend, or not recommend?

Thanks for taking the time to read my long winded post! Look forward to hanging around here! :D

C x

Hi, firstly I would to introduce myself. I'm Camille, this is my first post on these forums! I'm about to start my NVQ L2 in hairdressing a week Tuesday (as an adult learner), and I'm soooo excited! :D

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I'm going to need to buy a starter kit.

So, my question is, if I need to buy a kit, and I don't have to buy the college's specific kit, and it's not chaper than going else where (trying to explore all my potential options!) is there any particular start up kit you would recommend, or not recommend?

Thanks for taking the time to read my long winded post! Look forward to hanging around here! :D

C x

Hi Camille

I'm in a similar sitution i have just started my beginners course, which i was told will give me alot of knowledge on hairdressing before doing my NVQ Levels.

My college had given me a student order form to get our kits, but it was quite expensive for me and all the other students on my course.

I have been looking around for cheaper alternatives, and i was given some salon sites that could help you like Sally's, Chris and Son's and Dennis williams.

I've also been on Ebay but those kits will usually be pre-used, i'm not sure where else you could find cheaper kits.

Best of luck, i hope you enjoy your course.:)

hi!
Good luck with your course!
Im qualified now but i bought my kit from college...they do work it out cheaper for u and i still use it now 4 years on!

Some of the kits from sallys r good but they put things like perm rods, rollers etc in when college provide these so i dont see much point.

But if you still want to buy your own let me no n il let u no what u need :green:

your college might give you information on where to buy a specific kit, or they might just ask you to buy your own in which case you could buy the items up individually (and avoid having a kit builked up with perm rods etc and things that you dont need) but there are a few sites i know of that you can buy kits from :-

SALLYS -Sally Express | College Kits
SALONS DIRECT -Salon Supplies & Beauty Equipment for Professional Hair and Beauty Salons from Salons Direct - Hair
ARROW HAIR - Arrow Hair & Beauty Supplies Ltd
COOL BLADES - Hairdressing College Kits - CoolBlades Professional Hair & Beauty Supplies & Salon Equipment Wholesalers

im sure there are loads more if you were to do a wee search though! and of course theres always ebay, im sure in a few weeks time when people start to drop out of their courses there will be brand new kits for sale on ebay lol! xx

Latest posts

Back