Hi lift tint?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

piersstanaway

Reaction score
does everyone always use 40vol when applying hi lift on scalp?
i find often 30vol is better less irritation and better result . even on base 6 there seems no need to use 40vol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Depends... On fine hair I am more inclined to use 30 vol, on coarser hair I tend to use 40 vol.

On one hand 30 volume is less damaging and will deposit more tone, on the other hand I often find the extra lift outweighs the extra neutralisation you get with 30 vol.

To be honest, I only have a few on-scalp highlift clients and I tend to use 40 vol on them because I want the maximum lift on them.

I agree with you though that it isn't always necessary to use 40 volume, and a lot of times when I reach for 30 vol, I question myself whether or not I even need to use highlift tint, and move down to regular colour + 30 vol.

OMG I can't believe u use 40 vol on the scalp how have u not ended up with irritation and even worse!!
The other day I was matching a colour for a new client and I used a hi lift with 30 vol and didn't want to comb through as ends were very porous and it was perfect no banding what so ever :)

I must have trained with the dinosaurs if your told to use 40 vol on scalps these days:)

OMG I can't believe u use 40 vol on the scalp how have u not ended up with irritation and even worse!!
The other day I was matching a colour for a new client and I used a hi lift with 30 vol and didn't want to comb through as ends were very porous and it was perfect no banding what so ever :)

I must have trained with the dinosaurs if your told to use 40 vol on scalps these days:)

Why would colour brands allow you to do it if it was gonna cause irritation?

I think the answer really depends on what product you are using. For example I use Majiblond, and the product is formulated to be used with 30 or 40 volume - obviously you should always follow the manufactures instructions.

I think that how you mix the product is really important - most highlift colours are mixed in a 1:2 ratio, so although you are working with a higher % of peroxide, the acidity of the developer will dilute the ammonia/alkalinity down in the colour.

If 40 volume shocks you, definatly don't look into the ammonia-free Mastey brand of colour. They that use up to 60 volume for highlift! :p

Of corse you can use 40vol on scalp with a high lift its not bleach lol x

I think you may be confusing highlift with bleach.

An older colleague told me the other day when she was training she used 60vol!! on scalp with both bleach and tint hahahah xx

Latest posts

Back