Highlight retouch question...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wombats

Reaction score
Hi,

Last week at college, I had a client who wanted her woven highlights retouched. I was told by my tutor to go through and pick out the highlighted hairs and apply bleach to the roots. This was a nightmare to do. x_x With the first few foils, I had a horrible time getting the foil close enough to the scalp, so for the rest of the hair, I ended up with maybe a few strands on a foil, haha. The result was...okay. Some of the foils could have been a lot closer to the scalp, but I feel that if I had been able to just go through and put new highlights in, the result would have been much, much better. The whole thing took way longer than it would have had I just put new ones in.

What would you do in the same situation? Is it really the case that we have to stand there for ages picking out hair after hair?

hi i would hav woven out new even hilights you can get an idea of how many client had and size of sections they had before. would hav just applied to roots but feathered it down on darker pieces. must have been difficult picking out the pieces.:p

I would have done the same as rach.

Thanks for the replies. :)

So you would have woven new highlights to include the old, applied the lightener to the roots and feathered the lightener down on the dark hair to make it blend with the existing highlights?

Yeah, it was horrible picking out all the individual strands. I never want to do that again. \:

That was madness expecting you to do that, sometimes i wonder how people are allowed to teach, thats what puts people off

Thanks for the replies. :)

So you would have woven new highlights to include the old, applied the lightener to the roots and feathered the lightener down on the dark hair to make it blend with the existing highlights?

Yeah, it was horrible picking out all the individual strands. I never want to do that again. \:

Exactly.

I could see the point if it was something like red on blonde and she wanted to keep the red streaks rather than it looking too random...but even then I'd only really worry about the t-section being perfect!

Latest posts

Back