Highlighting help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jewels22259

Reaction score
I did this girl yesterday and she had dark brown hair. I did what she wanted and she said she liked it, then she called the salon and talked to the manager today instead of me and told the manager it didn't look even so why would she tell me one thing then call the shop and tell the manager something different? Now I feel like I didn't do a very good job for her. How can I learn to tell when it is right or wrong?

Julia

Hi hunni I wouldn't let this get to you too much, if you are confident that you did a good job and were happy with it and know you gave your best then it could just be someone wanting something for nothing. Has she asked to come back in and have it sorted?? If so just re assess it when she comes back and ask the opinion of your workmates if unsure. Are you new to hairdressing?? You can't please everyone all the time hunni, only you will know whether it was good enough or not xx

Are you new to the industry? You must be, things like this are the very worst part of our profession. Some people may just want the money back. Maybe her husband hated it. Dont let it shake your confidance.

When you say it doesn't look even, did she have a side fringe by any chance?

And I must agree in this industry you have to take what clients say with a pinch of salt sometimes they won't always say if they dint like it!

Also you said I did what she asked, sometimes you have to use your creativity and tell people if you dont think it will look right and suggest something else or in worst case say no!! But all of these are things you will learn very very quickly!! Whilst growing a stiff backbone so you can deal with awkward clients! :) chin up though x

Latest posts

Back