Highlights gone too blond, gone too dark, help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marijamjau

Reaction score
Hi,

I always get full head highlights in an ashy tone (see picture beneath).
I went to see a new haircolourist and she unfortunately died my hair in a completely wrong shade of blonde, very light and ashey and it looked like a full head of colour instead of highlights, very unnatural (see image with hair up).
cc2df069-6af9-46a2-a2f5-68018f8f034a.png

56730de9-5ee9-47bc-a7a7-6a6a7d1a0d24.jpg

I felt uncomfortable and went to a trusted hair salon trying to save my colour. They applied a toner that made my hair look better, and more natural. However the toner added quite a reddish tone at the roots.
Still far from what I wanted to begin with, I decided to go to my original hair dresser that always does my hair (different country) and she said it could would take one more time after her to get the colour back fully. What she did, is she applied some highlights on the top of my head and a toner to take out the red tones. It looked better, however not a massive difference (see picture beneath that shows the top of my head).

f37b1334-7895-4692-9002-78cde168c6ed.png

After consultation with a creative director at a top London salon, she told me to wait for my roots to come out as much as possible and then come to her and she will do a a half head of highlights as well as some lowlights to take out the remaining red tones and brighten it up all in all. She said its good to have my own roots to work with to use that as a base to get the natural blonde look I usually have.

I went after 2 months, and the result is the picture below. Although I am happy that the colour is much cooler at long last, the hair colour is still way darker than my original colour, despite 3 visits to trusted salons. I still dont feel like myself and I wonder what needs to be done to get my colour back?
Will a full heda of highlights be enough to get my old colour? And can I do it in a few weeks?

Surely it cant be that impossible to save my colour?

Many thanks!!
89bb9b6d-8855-4fd5-aa55-31b61527ec5a.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back