Hiring a nail station / self employed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeahNails

Reaction score
Hi,

I am contemplating looking around for an opportunity as a self employed person within a spa or salon - I do only want to do one day a week though or possibly Fri / Sat.

Whats an acceptable deal from a techs point of view.

If you hire the station do you have to pay commission from every treatment or do you keep the money once you paid rent?

If you dont hire but do a 60/40 or 70/30 split, whos favour is that in? And if you are splitting the costs of the treatments, who would then supply the materials to use?

I am enquirying with a spa and am waiting for a call back but dont want to be bamboozled as I dont know what a going rate is!

Mobile business is not going quickly enough so I am looking at other options.....

Thanks
Leah

If you supply the products then I think a 60/40 split in your favour is the norm. If they salon supplies the products then it is 60/40 in their favour.

Hope this helps and good luck

xx

If you supply the products then I think a 60/40 split in your favour is the norm. If they salon supplies the products then it is 60/40 in their favour.

Hope this helps and good luck

xx

Thanks for the answer.

Do you know what happens if I hire a nail desk? If I pay a daily fee do I still have to split the treatments aswell?

I have posted in Nail Geek as I predominantly offer nails but am trying to expand and build my make up business so I hope its OK posting twice!

I am contemplating looking around for an opportunity as a self employed person within a spa or salon - I do only want to do one day a week though or possibly Fri / Sat.

Whats an acceptable deal from a techs point of view.

If you hire the station do you have to pay commission from every treatment or do you keep the money once you paid rent?

If you dont hire but do a 60/40 or 70/30 split, whos favour is that in? And if you are splitting the costs of the treatments, who would then supply the materials to use?

I am enquirying with a spa and a hairdressers and am waiting for a call back but dont want to be bamboozled as I dont know what a going rate is!

Mobile business is not going quickly enough so I am looking at other options.....

Thanks
Leah

Hi

No generally it should be one or the other - never both. Im not sure how much you would expect to pay to rent a nail desk for one day. I think perhaps £50 to £70 a week would be the norm -not too sure.

xx

Latest posts

Back