HLVP 700 help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glamorizelincs

Reaction score
Hi I have just got a hlvp 700 machine and when it sprays the tan comes out dotty as If the mist isn't coming out fine enough? I have tried the machine on low medium and High and it's the same thing. There doesn't seem to be any way that I can see of adjusting the gun either. Has anybody else had this problem? If so how did you resolve? Xx

Hi. The HVLP 700 gun can spray dotty for the following reasons:

1. The seal is warped and does not fit on the underside of the gun properly. Is best to have a couple of spare seals on hand for this gun.

2. The gun needs cleaned - empty and fill with warm water and spray and full bore until container is empty.

3. You are spraying too far away from the body (ideally 4-6 inches away is perfect).

Do you have enough solution in the cup, also have you given the gun a good clean and blast with water?

Hi thanks for your responses I've tried your sujestions and it is slightly better is there any chance it could be the solution that's at fault? I'm using one I got just to try with the machine and it's a brand I have never heard of I don't plan on using this solution and want to buy some good solution.. But I don't want to splash out a load on solutions if the machine isn't working properly xx

Make sure the cup is quite full as the pipe in these are pretty short and as you move around not enough solution gets through causing spitting. X

Hi thanks for your responses I've tried your sujestions and it is slightly better is there any chance it could be the solution that's at fault? I'm using one I got just to try with the machine and it's a brand I have never heard of I don't plan on using this solution and want to buy some good solution.. But I don't want to splash out a load on solutions if the machine isn't working properly xx

Hi,

LA Tanning offer a 250ml sample that you can purchase and I would highly recommend them. I always sample every new brand but have never found anyone that can match them. Note that their special offers are always running.
TRIAL PACKS - LA Tanning | Spray Tanning Solutions, Spray Tanning Machines, Spray Tanning Booths,

X x x

I have the same problem with my piggy. Absolute nightmare :( I'm trying to see if I can get a few samples as not sure whether its the machine or solution?! Clean it all out and still all speckly. The different % come out the same colour on the skin. So frustrating :((
Company is offering me the ts20.... Not sure if this would be a better machine??

Any suggestions would be great.

I have the same problem with my piggy. Absolute nightmare :( I'm trying to see if I can get a few samples as not sure whether its the machine or solution?! Clean it all out and still all speckly. The different % come out the same colour on the skin. So frustrating :((
Company is offering me the ts20.... Not sure if this would be a better machine??

It is not your machine that is causing the speckly problem it is the gun. Buying a new machine and keeping the same gun - you would have the same problem.

Can you put a pic up of your spray gun? I may be able to assist.

Last edited:

The earlex machines are superior (search threads for TS20 and TS50, Maximist, 5008). If they are offering to exchange your machine I would take it. The TS20 does suck up over spray though and causes it to appear to leak so its recommended that you put the compressor behind your tent and feed your hose/gun through the extractor flap at the back. This should stop the problem. If you can afford it I would pay the extra to upgrade to TS50 as it is a much better machine, ideal for tanning parties as will do tan after tan without needing a rest.

it is not your machine that is causing the speckly problem it is the gun. Buying a new machine and keeping the same gun - you would have the same problem.

Can you put a pic up of your spray gun? I may be able to assist.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1366885075.890522.jpg

They also sent me another gun, yet was worse. The tan came out in a zebra pattern! :-s

Is that picture showing how your gun is set when you spray and do you spray horizontally or vertically? Because your spray pattern is set for horizontal spraying.

The silver section at the front where your solution comes out should be vertical if you spray vertically (ie 12 and 6). The 9 and 3 which is set to at the moment is for horizontal spraying.

Turn your gun dial (near the trigger) right down to closed and gradually turn it open until you get the desired result on the skin. It doesn't need to be turned very far to get a good solution flow.

Spray a maximum of 8 inches away. If it is looking wet when you spray, turn the dial down. Spraying further than 8 inches away will result in speckling with this gun (well most guns really).

If it is still spraying speckly - there are other options for guns with the HVLP 700 (if your hose has nodules which clip into your machine when you turn it).... happy to recommend gun options - just PM me. Unfortunately those guns are a little on the obsolete side for professional tanning.

this has been really helpful for me as i am a new mobile tannist and just posted a tread just like this.

i had the rapidtan hvlp machine and i had 1 client that went amazing then i did her friend straight after and the tan didnt come out at all i was so embarresed and at least i know if it carries on i can just buy the new gun part. also i find the tube is very short for this machine so i had to spray and carry the machine at the same time which was hard as the tube was so short. can you buy longer tubes to fit all machines ?

Latest posts

Back