HNC is it worth doing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hairyh

Reaction score
Hi. I have been doing hairdressing for 15 years and was wanting to do my HNC in hairdressing, just wondering if any of you guys have done it? And if it is worth doing? X

Hi. I have been doing hairdressing for 15 years and was wanting to do my HNC in hairdressing, just wondering if any of you guys have done it? And if it is worth doing? X

That’s a level 3 equivalent, right (?).
I would definitely do it! It would re-fresh your skills and bring you up-to-date with latest techniques etc., and it would also give you more credentials on your CV. The course
would compromise of:

Colour Correction
Creative Cutting
Add and remove additional hair (not all college’s do this unit)
Communication
Employment Responsibility’s
Employment Rules and Regs

After this you can then train to become a tutor, NVQ assessor, salon manager or start your own business.

No it's the next step up I have done my level 3 already I did it about 3 years ago. But that's what I was wanting to do teach or just do something different in the hairdressing industry. X

No it's the next step up I have done my level 3 already I did it about 3 years ago. But that's what I was wanting to do teach or just do something different in the hairdressing industry. X

Oh right, well I would do it! It could open so many doors for you, teaching is another great addition to the job, seeing someone flourish because of your training you have given them is the best feeling in the world. Best of luck :D

Latest posts

Back