Home hair colouring advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K-Lashes

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm wanting to colour my hair at home and never done it before. I have mousey blonde hair and about 2 inch re-growth, the rest is highlighted a warm golden blonde. An old colleague has done hers at home with garnier nutrise no8 golden blonde and it looks really nice. But i think her natural colour is a bit darker than mine and not sure how it would turn out with my current 'two tone' hair. Would the instructions in the box tell me how to do it if i have re-growth? Also would it lift on dark blonde hair? There's so many different hair colouring kits on sale and not sure which is the best or what the right colour would be for me. I just want to be a lighter blonde on my roots but not turn yellow or orange! I cant afford to go to the hairdressers right now as helping my daughter out at unit and xmas comng up etc! Hope you can help.

Thanks

We can't actually give you advice as this is a professional forum for professional hairdressers, if you post your question in consumer queries someone might be able to help, mayb go to a college and get your colour done? The hair students are always looking for colour models? And it's cheap!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry i didnt realise i couldn't ask questions on here. I am a beautician not hairdesser and thought i could pop over to the hair forum and get advice. Didn't think about going to college salon but thats a good idea, thanks.

Hi, we can't really advise on shop box colours either as they are so unpredictable, most of tend to use one professional range and get to know that (even then they don't always react as they are meant to) Its too big a risk to do it yourself and the cost of having it sorted out if it does go yellow/orange will be far above the cost of getting your roots done, I know the rows of boxes look so tempting but it is much better to book in as a model in a local salon with a trainee or go to the local college, they'll use professional products and be safer.:wink2: all the best.x

Latest posts

Back