Home prices vs Salon prices?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some good points here. Thanks.x

I'm also a home salon, just this year after being mobile, and I charge more than the local village salon, but less than the one I previously worked in a few miles away.
I understand that the bills aren't quite as high, but I look at it like this.........
My home salon is the bottom floor of my house, totally separate from my living quarters, and set up to a pro standard. Also using good products, better than a lot of salons use these days in fact ;)
I use heating and electric that I would not be using if I wasn't here, so say I had a salon somewhere, I would be using the same amount there as I do at home, so NO....I don't have cheaper bills for electric/heat etc.
Also, I bought a bigger house than I needed, specifically for that purpose....so have a higher mortgage than I would have if I bought a smaller house for my needs.
My clients get a service just from me, which is what they want, no running behind and passing them about to others.
They get to park at my door for free and run straight to their car (esp good on rainy day after tan or hair do!)
I can offer my clients times to suit them and spend more time with them than I could do in a salon.
Here's a wee pic of my salon :)

Attachments

• 147.jpg
    147.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 345
I work from a home based treatment room as a Eyelash Technician my prices are more expensive than some salons but people come to me for my 4yrs experience of applying lashes, your prices should reflect your quality of work not whether its a salon or home based salon.:)

Charge what you believe you are worth and as already mentioned, it is not easy to increase your prices if you suddenly find that you should perhaps be charging more.

I have a large room in my home which is dedicated as a salon. My website states that it is a home salon and although I don't charge as much as some high street salons, some of my prices are pretty much on a par with many. I am able to spend time with my clients if need be rather than keeping to industry times and clock watching and therefore I think I give more of a personal touch which you don't find in many commercial salons. Parking is not an issue and it's free and although I don't offer the busy salon vibe, I offer just me and a dedicated one to one with my clients. I believe that I am very good at what I do and therefore, I feel justified in charging what I charge without being greedy.

No, I don't have huge overheads but my clients are also paying for a service with good customer care and skill.

Charge what you believe you are worth and as already mentioned, it is not easy to increase your prices if you suddenly find that you should perhaps be charging more.

I have a large room in my home which is dedicated as a salon. My website states that it is a home salon and although I don't charge as much as some high street salons, some of my prices are pretty much on a par with many. I am able to spend time with my clients if need be rather than keeping to industry times and clock watching and therefore I think I give more of a personal touch which you don't find in many commercial salons. Parking is not an issue and it's free and although I don't offer the busy salon vibe, I offer just me and a dedicated one to one with my clients. I believe that I am very good at what I do and therefore, I feel justified in charging what I charge without being greedy.

No, I don't have huge overheads but my clients are also paying for a service with good customer care and skill.

I agree with charge what your worth. I also work from home, and don't have the overheads like running a salon, but I use top end products, offer brilliant customer service, and clients feel that extra bit special as its just all about them. (Not saying this does not apply to a salon before I offend anyone:))

Plus I have 9 children to feed !

Wondering if anybody can help in looking into to renting a salon and be working out over heads at £10225 a month does this seem pretty reasonable this includes rent, card machine, electricity, water, wages for 2 stylist and 1 junior, products and colour, phone, music lience, insurance, advertising

Latest posts

Back