Home salon geeks, advice please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sweetyrex

Reaction score
I'm about I move into my new house and am going to set up working from home. I already work at home but just on the odd family and friends. I'd like to make more of a business when I move and build a client base.
Advice needed on what to do! I'm already registered self employed but wondered who I need to inform about working from home? I've heard you need to tell the mortgage company, anyone else I need to get permission off or inform? Home insurance, council?! I already have beauty insurance with ABT.
What do other home salon geeks do? Help much appreciated! I want to do it properly!
Thanks 😀

I'm about I move into my new house and am going to set up working from home. I already work at home but just on the odd family and friends. I'd like to make more of a business when I move and build a client base.
Advice needed on what to do! I'm already registered self employed but wondered who I need to inform about working from home? I've heard you need to tell the mortgage company, anyone else I need to get permission off or inform? Home insurance, council?! I already have beauty insurance with ABT.
What do other home salon geeks do? Help much appreciated! I want to do it properly!
Thanks 😀
On top of what you've already said:

Public liability insurance
home insurance
And
Depending on how much space you use you may need to pay business rates instead of council tax! Contact VOA to find out. Also you an need refuse collection services

Thanks
I've got public liability and I will have home insurance when I move in so will tell them.
Thanks for the advice

Latest posts

Back