Hook and latch extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niksmiss

Free Your Beauty
Reaction score
Hi geeks,

I've been at college for two years and decided I want to learn extensions. Today I'm booked on a full day course on extensions using the hook and latch technique. Does anyone use this method or has done in the past? I'm really excited to add to my skills but wondered how popular this extension technique might be.

TIA

Hi geeks,

I've been at college for two years and decided I want to learn extensions. Today I'm booked on a full day course on extensions using the hook and latch technique. Does anyone use this method or has done in the past? I'm really excited to add to my skills but wondered how popular this extension technique might be.

TIA
Hello ! We havent personally heard of this particular method. The most popular are pre bonded fusion, micro tubes, nano rings, sew in weave, micro weft and tape weft at the moment x

This is a fairly new technique. The course was great and the technique is super simple to do! Can't wait to do it on paying clients!!!

Do you have any pictures of this technique ?

Not on this phone. I took a short video yesterday. Going to set up a you tube channel for these extensions. Once it's sorted I'll link it x

Just a quick video made yesterday. Doing another one in the next hour. This one is just show how it looks on the head. With thanks to my sally head [emoji13]

They look great!

I don't get how they are applied?

How is it applied? I use a latch hook when I do crochet braiding but it doesn't look the same

I know what you mean. Hang on, made another vid last night.

It's a threader instead of a latch hook but it is simple

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh! Fab!

So its similar to micro weft but the rings are on the inside?

I love doing this!

So do you sew your micro rings to the weft before fitting or do you order the hair with the rings ready attached? X

Won't you have remove and attach new micro rings once they have grown out?

You re-tighten them to begin with, then it's a removal after that.

You sew them on to the weft.

Latest posts

Back