Hosting balayage classes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cat2610

Reaction score
im based in the UK, I love my job but I’m fed up of minimum wage! I’m well known for my Balayage and I’m interested in hosting a Balayage class but honestly don’t even know where to start! Do I need a qualification? Do I need my employers permission?

Wouldn’t you be better off going self employed and renting a chair if you’re experienced and good at what you do? You’re not going to get rich hosting the odd balayage class. Plus, you’d need to register with HMRC anyway and pay tax on any profit you make from the class.

To host a class, you’re going to need suitable premises. Most wholesalers run colour classes and they’re usually not expensive, especially if it’s just a demonstration class, so you’d be competing with them for a start. However, if you fancy the idea of becoming a trainer, why not look into doing a basic teaching course and see how it goes? If you already have a Master Colour qualification, you could also contact one of the big colour houses and ask about how they recruit their trainers.

There’s lots of ways to move forwards in this industry, you just have to work out in which direction you’d like to go. :)

I'm interested in knowing the same thing. Ian already an assessor and have experience working in college assessoring hair. But to host my own class in a hired place would be great just don't no if you need like permission off city and guilds or anything like that. I am already self employed aswell. I'll keep an eye out and let you no. I have also posted a thread asking the same question. X

Latest posts

Back