Hot cabi's are pricey-where did you buy yours?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pro-Beauty

Reaction score

Any recommendations? where did you buy yours? thank you

Thank you :o) I guess im just being tight £xx plus delivery is alot, they cost so much for what it does. Im opening a new salon at home & have just spent 6k building the room so trying to cut back as much as poss on things like this... maybe ill find someone selling one! shame we cant sell on this site anymore :o(

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi
I also bought mine from salons direct, the one with uv to double up and sterilise my tools too! Most suppliers will do a discount off your first order, I'm sure salons direct do? It is a big expense but I am so glad I bought it.

I know I shouldn't say it but ........ebay!!

I needed 2 as I work from two locations, the first I thought was a fabulous bargain at £40 from gumtree, but the other surpassed itself when I got it from ebay for the grand sum of £12 !!

Both work perfectly

H x

I read somewhere on here that a geek was using a slow cooker she got in Tesco to tide her over until she could get a cabi...worth a look I'd say

I read somewhere on here that a geek was using a slow cooker she got in Tesco to tide her over until she could get a cabi...worth a look I'd say

I used a rice cooker until I found what I was looking for, covered with a crisp white towel in the salon, no one noticed!

H xx

I have a hot stone heater how would I use that? I.e wet or dry?? Could you send me a link for the £12 eBay one ( or was it a 1off?!) ta

I saw mini towel heaters at the beauty show that looked just like veg steamers. I did wonder if using a kitchen steamer would work until I could afford a cabi! Xx

I got my hot towel steamer from eBay too. Someone was selling theirs and it was about £20 :) very pleased with it. It's a beauty pro one I believe x

eBay! If you keep checking they often have good deals on there x

I saw mini towel heaters at the beauty show that looked just like veg steamers. I did wonder if using a kitchen steamer would work until I could afford a cabi! Xx

I use a kitchen steamer. The downside is that it gets the towels too hot, so you need to be really careful when using them on your clients. The ticking of the timer is really annoying too and guaranteed the bell will always "ding" just as you get into the massage!

If you've invested so much into your room, why not finish it off properly? In comparison, £xx isn't that much and would certainly complete the professional look and feel of the place.

I don't want it on display as keeping the room very minimal & spending the money on more worth while items, product ranges etc etc... also I dont do that many facials at the mo so until it picks up i'll make do. (Midlands is too far for me I'm Bristol, thanks anyway) x

Think I'll keep watching EBay & maybe try my rice steamer or my hot stone massage machine...?

How would it work... Do I dampen the towels roll them up & just put them in? Obviously checking the temperature as I go...

I got mine from eBay I only paid around £50 & it's just right

Do you have a Capital near you? I've just been there at lunchtime and they have a couple of towel heaters. One was about £xx and one was more expensive!

For now, I also use a normal kitchen steamer. They are fine, and although the towels come out quite hot (I use tongs) just jiggle them about a bit until they cool down and then put them on the client. They cool down quite quickly after that.

They had the Beauty Pro steamer at a special price of £xx at the beauty fair but I didn't go for it in the end (already spent too much money).:D

Latest posts

Back