How can I promote IBX?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
happy new year!

I’m looking to introduce IBX to my clients this year. I did it briefly when I worked at the salon, but I feel I need some of you guys to educate me about it.
Would you include it in your normal shellac routine? Or as a separate treatment?

Many thanks
Charlotte

Hi,
I've been offering IBX for over a year now and it works well.
I charge it as an add on to any manicure service (£5 extra).
I have a few clients with poor condition nails who have IBX at each re-shellac appointment, their gel polish lasts longer and they are happy to pay the extra as they can see the improvement in their nails.

I thought I would promote IBX more this month so my January special offer is a luxury manicure that includes IBX, exfoliation & hot oil treatment. They can choose normal polish or shellac within the price.

So far, the offer is going down well.
Some of the existing shellac bookings have upgraded to the special offer and it has made others book too as a one off treat for themselves.

With my monthly offers, I tend to go for adding in extras rather than dropping my basic price. This way you don't lose the revenue from appointments already booked in - but they can always upgrade!! :)

Hi
Thank you for the reply.
That’s great that IBX seems to be going down well with your clients.
Adding it as a luxury treatment sounds like a lovely treat! What oil do you normally use, for hot oil? I tend to use the heated mitts with luxury, but hot oil sounds like a luxury but quicker treatment!

Hi
Thank you for the reply.
That’s great that IBX seems to be going down well with your clients.
Adding it as a luxury treatment sounds like a lovely treat! What oil do you normally use, for hot oil? I tend to use the heated mitts with luxury, but hot oil sounds like a luxury but quicker treatment!

I use an oil that contains essential oils eg. Tisserand massage blend for de-stressing . I put a generous amount on each hand up to the wrist, cover with a plastic bag and put into heated mitts for up to 10 mins. While waiting for this to work, I fill in their record card and then discuss what Vinylux polish colour they would like. Once you remove the bags, use the remaining oil for a hand massage. Wipe off any excess left and apply a hand cream to seal in the moisture.

If they are having shellac applied, I do the exfoliation and hot oil after applying the gel polish.
If they are having Vinylux normal polish, I do the exfoliation and hot oil before applying the final polish.

I got an infrared heat lamp for warming my IBX treatments.
Ever since it's been clamped onto my table alongside my normal lamp it's had clients asking me what it's for. It's been great for promoting this service, I'm def doing more now.

I got an infrared heat lamp for warming my IBX treatments.
Ever since it's been clamped onto my table alongside my normal lamp it's had clients asking me what it's for. It's been great for promoting this service, I'm def doing more now.
Could you please post pic . What kind of lamp are u using ?? Thank you

55c246b884a1cee3314f55b305184bfb.jpg

Here you go, it’s just a single bulb clip on infrared table lamp. Sold as a help for aches and pains. I should try it on my back some time! [emoji23]

Latest posts

Back