How Did You Start Your Own Business?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terrinew16

Reaction score
Hello,

I currently have a beauty room set up at home and also offer a mobile service. I am trained in spray tans, waxing, lashes and lash and brow tinting and I plan to build up my services as I go along.

Eventually, I would like to open a salon. I realise that there is a lot to having a business but I am sure that this is what I want to do. I just cant see that this will be happening any time soon.

It just lead me into wondering how you all come to open your own business?

I look forward to your replies xx

Last edited:
Anyone?? xxxx

Hi there,

I left college and couldnt get a job in a salon as the recession was starting and wasnt prepared to work for less than minimum wage as worked so hard studying lol. So i phoned every hairdressers in the area ang got myself a room in the back of one. Been there for a year and a half now and have decided to get my own salon now. Big leap financially but its what i have always wanted, and i am quite prepared to give up my social life for another couple of years and work on building the best business i can! you have to be totally determind when your involved in any business, my passion for my job shines through and my customers can see that. If you have a dream and a prepared financially then my motto is you dont get anywhere standing still!!

Although you might find your home salon works best for you, and you would have no overheads, which is the thing that kills most businesses.

I jumped in the deep end and bought a going concern. On the face of it the figures were good but in hind sight I'm thinking maybe they'd been played with a bit.

I'm now taking on my second salon and have decided to lease a unit and fit it out from scratch this time. See how that goes! LOL

I have had several businesses in the past, but never worked in hair or beauty before so it was something of an education for me! LOL... I wouldn't change it though. Not for a second.

Latest posts

Back