How do I look after a nail brush?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Min

Reaction score
I killed nail brushes!!!!

I am spend too much money buying gel and acrylic brushes, I'm just practising my gels n acrylic applications.

I have just learnt today, I'm not meant to dip my acrylic brush into acetone, to clean it!
I have killed one £20 nsi gel brush n loads more from eBay.
I try to wash my brushes in water after use and store them flat in a tube.

How do some people keep their brushes for years?

Clean your acrylic brush with monomer and gel brush with whatever you use to wipe the sticky layer off gel nails (i use nsi residue cleaner) nothing else x

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I kept my first acrylic brush for ages!
I think it's very important to start with a good brush, which not only will help you practicing, but a good brand is certainly a guarantee of quality: then It's up to you how long you can keep it in good conditions.

You can clean it both with monomer or with the brush cleaner: you dip the brush in and then swipe it on a towel till the residues are gone.
Don't use orangewood sticks to clean the bristles, or if you really need to , then do it very gently when the residues are soft.
Clean your brush right after completing the service, don't wait for the residues to get hard.

Then you can store your brush always capped and laid down, never pointing up, or the remaining monomer (or cleaner) will run down to the ferrule ruining the brush!

That's it! Following these few rules you're going to keep your acrylic brush healthy for years! :)

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

What's the best thing to store my acrylic brush in going to and from college ?

What's the best thing to store my acrylic brush in going to and from college ?

I use a travel toothbrush holder. About 50p in tescos xx

Don't bother with brush cleaner, just use your monomer. Xx

like what the other geeks have said use your monomer for your acrylic brushes, but for gel brushes it's best to just give them a wipe on a lint free pad taking the bulk of the gel off but leaving some on it, if you use IPA or nail wipe it can dry the hairs and lead to splitting

Latest posts

Back