How do I pick the right size of istock photo?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lash-fantastic

Reaction score
Hey peeps, Ive never ordered from I stock before only spent hours looking through pictures. Now I want to buy a picture but what size do I need :rolleyes: I have no idea. I would like to use it for a A1 size poster from vista print. Can anyone help please? xx

Hey :)

You need a high resolution for print, and especially a print as big as A1.

I would guess you would need the XXLarge size but it's worth giving Vista Print a bell to be sure and I bet they will be happy to help.

Bump Bump...:wink2:

Ok I have been on hold to Vista Print got fed up and hung up :rolleyes::smack:

does any one else have any thoughs pleeeeeeeeease?

ps have you seen the prices of the XXL size! Not so sure I want to pay that much to make a poster.

Dont be shy :wink2: come on, i dont bite speak to me xxx

Hey lash fantastic

So Vista Print were rubbish - not good :( Lots of places print posters now though just google it and give one of them a call and have a chat about what size image resolution you would need. As for iStock images - yes they are very expensive but that's because they are slick professional photos - most of those stock photo places are very expensive.

Another option could be to get the printers to provide an image for you. Some printers provide artwork for free if you use them for your printing but I think you would be hard pressed to get them to do that just for a one off poster. But maybe if you're looking for business and loyalty cards, leaflets and other promotional materials too they might think it was worth it? If it is a package of materials you're looking for I've got a printer friend I could put you onto but again no guarantees but might be worth checking out.

There are a couple of places you can get royalty free images but I don't think they would be what you are looking for as they aren't as slick at the professioal photographs. Some of the photographers who use flickr will let you use their images in some circumstances. Check out Compfight / A Flickr Search Tool and search eyelashes - again I don't think you'll get the kind of images you're looking for but worth a try.

When its the beauty industry what it looks like is really important isn't it, it affects your image that's why I don't think you'll find what you're looking for with royalty free images - but good luck :)

Latest posts

Back