How do sea salts effect the look of the feet?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SamuelWilson

Reaction score
For those people interested in just the cosmetic value of procedures. How does soaking your feet in brine effect the look of the feet?

If you had one person who soaked in brine and another person who didn't, could you tell from looking at their feet?

I really couldn't say.

BUT what I can tell you is this:

My mother in law has psorias and mega seriously scarey calluses.....spends a fortune on products for both.

BUT everytime she goes to Barbados on holiday, and spends a TONNE of time in the salty water and walking on the beach.. her psoriasis is cleared up and her feet are smooth as a baby's butt (probably due as well to the abrasiveness of the sand...)

I think sea salt has many undervalued and advantageous properties.
Sometimes the natural way is better than anything else.

jmho

VHunter said:
I really couldn't say.

My mother in law has psorias and mega seriously scarey calluses.....spends a fortune on products for both.

BUT everytime she goes to Barbados on holiday, and spends a TONNE of time in the salty water and walking on the beach.. her psoriasis is cleared up and her feet are smooth as a baby's butt (probably due as well to the abrasiveness of the sand...)

jmho

i agree! i dont know what it is, and i don't know if you can vsisiby see/notice the difference, but there is something in sea salt that soothes the skin and improves the skin's quality. people in asia LOVE sea salt...they think it does miraculous things to their skin. perhaps theres a grain of truth in that

Thanks so much for the positive replies. I really appreciate it. I agree that sea salt is good for foot health and I just wanted to get feedback from other people.

Whenever we get down to the Bournemouth area, I spend all my time walking barefoot on the beach and paddling along the sea edge, and come home with lovely soft feet free from hard skin. Wouldn't do it along the coasts up here though, the sea doesn't look half as inviting.

So yes sea salt definately does work.

Joan

VHunter said:
I really couldn't say.

jmho

actually, oddly enough...
UV light (from the sun) is a known curative for psoraisis.... salt soaks are also advised...

I always notice that walking in the sand is like the first half of a good pedicure! (feet smooth and pretty....)

-nut

sea salts are a natural exfoliant and are used in lots of pedicure treatments when combined with an oil or a softenign agent they penetrate and hydrate the dry area so allowing you to remove more of the dead skin.

like walking on the sand on the beach. Salt also ahs a healing element to it as well, remember them epsom salt baths after ahving babies it helps to ehal stitches 9bit fo useless information for you there)

Salt is an amazing healer. My mum swears by it for everything!

Latest posts

Back