How do you console a friend who has lost her daughter?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again a big thank you to all, the funeral was this morning and it was so heart wrenching seeing my friend so terribly grief stricken, I believe she is still in shock. Needless to say a very gray day for all, even the skies stayed gray.

I am all cried out by now, so hard to look and act strong for the family when you just want break down in tears of pity, grief and sorrow right alongside them. Came home and just had a good old sob, even hubby had a little cry.

RIP Olga
October 1988 August 2012

Fellow Geeks, your advice and support was and is very comforting
Thank you

I'm sorry for yours and your friends loss. It's a awful thing to happen be they 23 or 103, just be around, words don't need to be said by people who really do care and sometimes even hugs aren't needed. I love hugs but when something like this happens I despise them and want to not be touched.
I think it's lovley you want to be therefor your friend and her family at this time and I'm sure even without words from either party they know you care ad are there when they want you ad that you know they appreciate your concern.

Just stick by her, the pain never goes, nor does the yearning for them back, but you learn to understand it all and put on a brave face.

Also be prepared for her and her husband to have "moments" (best way I can describe them) when they just start crying, iv found its best to Cary on as if they aren't having these moments as they don't usually last long and are just a outburst that couldnt be contained no more and are very natural.
A friend of my mum lost her daughter at 21 13 years ago, and she till has these moments.
Also reassure her that however she's feeling is natural. Xoxo

So sorry to read of your loss xx

Just to show you how beautiful she was and how unfair it seems to lose such a young, vibrant and positive girl

Attachments

• IMAG0417.jpg
    IMAG0417.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 112
  • IMAG0418.jpg
    IMAG0418.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 103
She's really pretty, but it's the beauty inside that counts more, and I'm guessing from the way you have spoken about her she was more beautiful inside than out, and she's very beautiful in looks xoxo

Thanks hon, I will be closing this thread later this evening. Time to close one door for another to open

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back