How do you do glitter tips?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sweetie_pie

Reaction score
I think I've asked a zillion questions this week so I'm sorry if I'm bugging anyone :)
Can I ask how you do your glitter tips, do you apply the glitter/powder mix straight onto the blended tip or do you do the natural acrylics first then add the glitter/powder mix on top and coat with clear acrylic? X
Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Do your glitter tips first then do the rest of the nail

Mix the glitter with a clear acrylic powder in a small pot or dappen dish

I don't get asked for glitter tips so much anymore as gradient glitter fade is becoming more popular.

Hi, thank you for replying! What do you do if the client decides to have a different colour when she comes for infills? Do you have to remove the full set? X

I would do a thin layer of clear acrylic on nail then do the glitter, then clear on top,so when it comes to changing the design all you have to do is file off the glitter.

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank you x

How do you do the gradient tip? I ask too many questions ;)

I would apply my natural acrylics then use Gelish, polish or glitter and sponge the colour or glitter on using a clean make up sponge. (Cut the sponge into smaller pieces so it lasts longer)

You can brush the glitter on but I find the chances of it going bumpy are higher doing it this way. There are loads of videos on YouTube that can help you if you want to watch a step by step tutorial of how to do it.

Latest posts

Back