How do you get Swarovski crystals to stay put?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ksf10x

Reaction score
Hey geeks!
I need some help, i apply my swarovski crystals using glue, this sometimes leave a white effect on the nail which bugs me!
Can anybody reccomend any glue that wont leave white marks or any other products to use for long lasting swarovski crystal application?

Thanks xxxx

Hey geeks!
I need some help, i apply my swarovski crystals using glue, this sometimes leave a white effect on the nail which bugs me!
Can anybody reccomend any glue that wont leave white marks or any other products to use for long lasting swarovski crystal application?

Thanks xxxx
I have never used glue. I use the topcoat, set the crystal in a small amount and push down, cure. Then I use a detailing, "pointy" brush and apply a very tiny amount of the topcoat all around the edge of the crystal, that grabs the sides of it, cure and done. Never have I had any fall off.

I use nsi or cjp adhesive and have difficulty getting them off at infill appointments!
I gently buff the colour or top coat where I'm applying the crystal them use a small amount of adhesive and then go all around with top coat.

This is how I do it & fantastic results

Here's my tip.

When ready to apply crystals spread a layer of a hard gel where you'd like the crystals to go. Place crystals and gently push them into the gel, cure, then top coat the nail (not over crystals) right up to the crystals and use a small dotting brush to place small dots of top coat in between and around each crystal, it'll help hold in the crystal by making almost like a prong that holds jewels in jewelry. I've done this for a while and very rarely loose crystals.

Never go over the crystals with gel or gel top coat.

Also in my previous post when I said "top coat" I ment gel top coat.

Never go over the crystals with gel or gel top coat.

Also in my previous post when I said "top coat" I ment gel top coat.

Why shouldn't you go over the top with top coat? Is it due to reduction in shine?

Why shouldn't you go over the top with top coat? Is it due to reduction in shine?

Yes, absolutely! It reduces shine, and it takes away the beautiful cut shape of the Crystal. Sometime if you top coat a crystal it won't even look like a crystal anymore, it'll look like a round silver stud.

How do you remove them when doing a refill?

This is how I do it & fantastic results

You know I was just about to post this. I bought this from max estrada and oh my days brilliant perfect fantastic. My crystals are not going anywhere. Be warned though I got done over because it's so expensive to buy and shipping is expensive, when shipped to UK I had to pay extra £20 for custom charges. I never had luck with glue or curing in gel. They always pop off after a day or 2. Gummy jelly is just fantastic. Glad I bought it.

You know I was just about to post this. I bought this from max estrada and oh my days brilliant perfect fantastic. My crystals are not going anywhere. Be warned though I got done over because it's so expensive to buy and shipping is expensive, when shipped to UK I had to pay extra £20 for custom charges. I never had luck with glue or curing in gel. They always pop off after a day or 2. Gummy jelly is just fantastic. Glad I bought it.
Oh that's a shame, I bought both products half price ( still half price at the moment) & didn't pay custom charges so for me worked out really cheap, I ordered from here
https://enailcouture.com/

I bought that jelly gel in the video, i had to pay extra £12 customs too but im happy with my purchase. It kept these big gems on for 3 weeks on both sets and wasnt easy to remove, was soo secure

Attachments

• 1491616179131.jpg
    1491616179131.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 87
  • 1491616205705.jpg
    1491616205705.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 76
Jill Bagan is the UK distributor. I contact her through FB to place orders

How do you remove them when doing a refill?

So if for instance you have a whole nail covered with crystals, a treasure nail, what I do is remove enough of the crystals from around the top near the new growth, remove as much as you need to so that you can file, primer/bonder and refil with acrylic or gel. Then file again after refil, and apply/replace the area with new crystals. I hope this was a clear enough explanation.

Jill Bagan is the UK distributor. I contact her through FB to place orders
@Ciderella how do you contact her?

I've sent a message which I'm guessing has gone in 'others' inbox.. I'd really like some of this jelly stuff...

@Ciderella how do you contact her?

I've sent a message which I'm guessing has gone in 'others' inbox.. I'd really like some of this jelly stuff...
Sorry it's Gill Bagan in Glasgow.
I've only ever sent a message on FB and she replied quickly

Okidoki thank you xx
Emily she's no longer the U.K. distributor [emoji22]
Sorry! I wanted to place an order and only just found out from cocoallure.

Latest posts

Back