How do you prep?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kopiaryyy

Reaction score
I'm curious to see how other nail techs prep before a gel polish service or enhancement service.

Do you always do a manicure or just file ,buff, and some cuticle work.

A step by step would be great. I'm new and I don't really have an exact reigning that I follow yet so I do it slightly different every time.

Hoping for some replies !!

Different brands require different preps. Follow what you were taught from the brand you trained with. If you haven't trained with a brand yet, I would highly recommend it to get the best out of your gel polish.

I agree with above! Use the preparation you were shown when training. The preparation for gel polish and for acrylics is totally different and they also differ depending on the brand you are using.
Doing the wrong prep can be drastic to the result of your treatments.
I trained with NSI so if you are using the Attraction Acrylic system I can help you out with that and the same goes with CND Shellac for gel polish.
If you're not qualified id recommend you do a course before doing any acrylics or gel polishes. If you are who did you train with? They should have given you in dept training on nail preparation! :) xxxx

Again, i am trained in NSI attraction acrylic system & also NSI pro polish gel system so i can help with the prep for those but i agree with the 2 previous posters. Different systems require different prep. If only they were all the same :biggrin:

Haven't trained with anyone yet. Just got out a school a month ago.I use the gelish system for gel polish and I use the cnd acrylic system. Haven't had a problems with my prep. Just following what I learned in school for acrylic prep and gelish instructions for the gel polish prep. Curious to know if more people perform manicures before prep or if they just prep and then continue with the service. I guess it would have helped if I specified what systems I used haha. Thank you for your replies !!

Latest posts

Back