How do you price your hair extensions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

topcuts

Reaction score
I charge different prices for fine half head fine fill head, working up through medium to thick hair.

What are your basic charges for time / application only?

Not sure how well I am priced as I am quite quick now so should I lower my prices?

Thanks.

Depends on how much you charge yourself?

I charge for fine/med/thick hair, starting from 300 but this includes hair, fitting, shaping and styling. I'm salon based, looking to start mobile for half the week x

I no longer have an advertised price. I just price on consultation depending on clients current hair vs what length/method/quality of hair etc.
I take into account the cost of all products then I charge £130 on top as my actual fitting charge. Hth

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek

I no longer have an advertised price. I just price on consultation depending on clients current hair vs what length/method/quality of hair etc.
I take into account the cost of all products then I charge £130 on top as my actual fitting charge. Hth

Do you find you are getting more business this way! I've been considering this way :)

Do you find you are getting more business this way! I've been considering this way :)

Honestly I am getting less business hut in a good way..... It's now people willing to look after extensions and who understand the value of a thorough fitting and consult.
No more of the 'I've bought hair for 60 off eBay, how much to fit' crowd

I charge £120 to fit (£40 an hour) then hair costs. Usually a full head, shampoo, conditioner and brush costs about £260.

Honestly I am getting less business hut in a good way..... It's now people willing to look after extensions and who understand the value of a thorough fitting and consult.

Totally agree if you charge more you get a different clientele xx

Agree 100%. I charge in upwards of £280 and put it this way, my clients don't ask me things like "can you do it for 80 quid?".

Hi topcuts,

It always depends on product quality and service standards you provide to your clients. Although, Customer have the last say. Your will find different people with different requirements. They will assess your prices with your performance continually. I give my service, ranges from 240 euro up to 1280 euro. Evaluate your market and clients closely and you will get a much better idea about what service or product should you sell or what are your price ranges should be. I set my charges in this way and got favorable results.

Last edited:

They are so annoying! They forget about the fact they will need to pay an extra 40 - 50 quid every 4-6 weeks for maintenance!

They are so annoying! They forget about the fact they will need to pay an extra 40 - 50 quid every 4-6 weeks for maintenance!

Well to be honest, maintenance for my clients is only if they really need it,ie, they're a little slapdash with looking after it. Otherwise, they come back in three months for a complete refit using the same hair.

My local salon charges £100 per hour. Granted, there are salon overheads to manage but still!

Latest posts

Back