How do you set up your beauty bed?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiara

Reaction score
Hello there,

I was just wondering how most of you tend to set up your beauty beds?

I'm opening my shop next Wednesday and want the beauty bed to be super comfy for the client but also look appealing at the same time if that makes sense?

I once went for a facial where they had almost like a duvet over it which is a great idea but don't won't it to hang too far down the sides etc and look scruffy.

Any pics of how everyone likes to set there's up would be brill :)

Thanks ladies Xx

I'm afraid I like to keep it simple.
I looked into some kind of duvet, but you have to put towels between any part of the bare client and the duvet, and change covers, and wash it, very regularly. Also, if you are doing waxing treatments, you have to store the thing somewhere. I find it a massive pain just having to fold and move my blanket.

Mine is cream bottom sheet, cream towel tucked round the pillow, and a lovely soft coloured aubergine blanket draped over the bed, but not as far as the floor. I also have a leg bolster on the couch for clients comfort!

Simple for me I'm afraid!

Vicki x

That's brill vicki thanks for your feedback, I definitely see what you mean about the duvet issues :) Xx

That's brill vicki thanks for your feedback, I definitely see what you mean about the duvet issues :) Xx

No worries - the other thing I would say is that our treatment rooms get very hot as well, so I would find it stifling.

Also, use the couch yourself. Lie on it and see how the pillow feels. Do you need a bolster under your legs etc. so many people don't actually try the things that they offer their clients, they think they look great, but they may not be the comfiest. You want a bed to look inviting, but once they're on it, they don't give a monkeys what it looks like - they want comfort!!!

I wouldn't rush into anything too fancy - try simple and see how it pans out! I know how expensive setting up your own place can be.

Good luck with it all,

Vic x

Hello there,

I was just wondering how most of you tend to set up your beauty beds?

I'm opening my shop next Wednesday and want the beauty bed to be super comfy for the client but also look appealing at the same time if that makes sense?

I once went for a facial where they had almost like a duvet over it which is a great idea but don't won't it to hang too far down the sides etc and look scruffy.

Any pics of how everyone likes to set there's up would be brill :)

Thanks ladies Xx

Towels, couch roll and in winter a heated underblanket. I use towels instead of a bolster. They are easily washed.

I'm with Vic and keep it simple. I also use a pillow under the knees when needed and if the client is sitting up (during a pedicure or sometimes during reflexology) I use a 'v' pillow. I would rather use towels and wash them than paper roll but I don't do waxing anymore so for massage and reflexology towels are more comfy.

I've got a few towelling fitted couch covers (which are easily washed and dried) and they don't slide around much when client gets on/off the couch.
I then use fresh couch roll over that for each client. If it's only crushed or slightly ripped after use, I use it at my nail trolley or for cleaning.
I've got a towelling pillow and also a towelling neck cushion (for ladies who've just had their hair done) if needed.
I use ikea towels + 2 ikea blankets on top of clients when doing longer treatments - they are cheap, cosy & fold quite small for storage

Latest posts

Back