How do you take off rhinestones/gems with hard gel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnnaEx

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

So I was playing around with my rhinestones and decided to try and stick them down with hard gel/builder gel, good news it that they didn't come off one bit! Bad news is that they literally don't come off! :rolleyes:

How would you take these off? I assume you would file them down? But can you? I thought picking them off with cuticle nippers would be damaging for my nail plate? Argh! Help!

What's the surface you applied them to - regular polish, gel polish, hard gel/acrylics? I mostly use tip glue for rhinestones etc, I just nip them off with old cuticle nippers - if applied over gel-polish or hard gel. If applied over regular polish, just use nail polish remover, it should disolve nail polish under gel - however, I think it would be odd to use hard gel over regular polish. With gel-polish you can just wrap them in for a soak off and as gel polish comes of, it should come off with gel and rhinestone. If the nails ar sculpted with gel, just nip rhinstones off with nippers - to damage natural nail plate you have to be super agressive, I cannot imagine how it even would be possible. You could file them down, but they tend to get hot and it could create unpleasant sensations, as well it takes more time to do that. If you ever use Swarovski crystals - to file them down is a nightmare.

I file them off during the infill.

I use old cuticle nippers and apply gentle pressure to the base until they ping off X

Latest posts

Back