How do you target your clients?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShannonJo

Reaction score
I may not have worded the title quite right but here it is again...

How do you advertise to the people you want to be your clients? i.e. Women with a bit of money to spend on luxury hair extensions?

Where do you find them and how do you get them interested in your services?

How do you approach spas and health clubs where these women are?

Any ideas would be lovely...

Thanks x

I'd also love some advise

Id love to know this too I have just be advertising on facebook, but feel tho iam gettingclients alotof the enquirys end with im out of their price range! And I dont want to comprimise on quality.

you could contact the spa and offer the staff a discount, cant get better advertisement than word of mouth and its free.

That's a good plan :)

if your using the staff as models for advertising i would tend to do it at cost,
your wanting there services and could also set up an incentive if they refer so many new clients to you they get next set at cost plus a little extra ..

sorry just dont think 10% off would do the trick with this one..

That's also a good idea

So what places would you try...

Health clubs... Spars.... ??

depends whats near you, spa's, health clubs, top end beauty salons and make up artists, (make up counters in frasers)

I'm not a hair person but I think the theory still stands.
I have deliberately priced myself such that only people with money can afford to come to me. I joined a high end ladies business network group called Athena, and I look the bollocks when I go each month. Everything about me, my business, my website, my stationery screams luxury and exclusivity.
I have pure white orchids, a subtle, expensive reed diffuser fragrance throughout the building, bitter chocolate towels, muted, neutral colours on the walls, minimal clutter.
I am not interested in competing on price because the only way is down.
In order to attract the high net worth clients you have to appeal to them, you have to look as if you're part of that world, and as if it's the most natural thing in the world for them to come to you.
If you're not there yet, fake it till you make it!

I'm glad Lynne said it first. I read this thread, and was trying to work out how to say in a kind way that you don't advertise to this target group. They rely on friends recommendations. You just have to impress enough people.
They also have to feel comfy with you. You have to understand their outlook, the pressures they face, and the insecurity they often have.
It all seems easy, find rich clients and charge the earth. Those of us that cater to this sector will all tell you, these are the most demanding, difficult and high maintenance clients to have, and to keep hold of.

Best way is to work in a conspicuously wealthy area in a top end salon. Be top notch at your job, impress everyone.

Fabulous advice! Thank you!

Latest posts

Back