How does chair renting work?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheVanityCase

Reaction score
I'm currently renting a space in a hair salon but am getting very, very few clients. I advertise loads but the salon itself doesn't, no one knows where it is and even people working near by have no idea it's there. There's a nail salon opening in my village and I'm thinking of renting a chair there instead but I'm not really sure how it works.
Am I responsible for bringing my own clients in or will the salon owner take bookings for me? What is the average cost of renting a chair? Do I have to use the same brand of products as the others there?
Sorry if these are stupid questions!

It depends on the salon, they should take bookings for you. They may want you to supply your own products or require you to use a their chosen brand. You need to approach them and find out what they want and figure out if it works for you.

Some people will be prepared to compromise. I'm mobile and looked at a new spa opening and they say on commission they wanted 40% but wanted me to supply all my own products and leave them in the salon! (Err no way) but then said if I rented a room/table it would be £50 for the 3 days, but thus was a champagne nail bar and I had to pay for the champagne. But with it being a spa I could easily put my prices up to cover the costs.

Just ask the questions and see if it works for you, if you're not earning any money then you need to do something. X

If you are self employed you are responsible for generating your own clients. The salon owner is only your landlord/lady.

Unless otherwise agreed, you provide all your own products and pay your daily/weekly rent for that space. Rates vary from.area to area. The other staff or receptionist will probably book in clients for you if the enquire or ring, but it is down to you, it's your business.

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back